2006 Wolverine won't start,just buzzes

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CanuckGT

Reaction score
Ok, go to start my 450 and press the starter button and all it does is buzz, put your hand on the starter relay and it seems to be coming from it so I order a new one....
New one arrives, install it and wouldn't you know it....same thing!!! so now I am not sure where to look next? the buzzing ( viabrates the relay,really loud) is still coming from the starter relay.Anyone have similar problems ?
BTW, battery is new and charged.

Are the battery connections absolutely tight? Are you positive it is charged?

Battery!!!!!! or check fuses I had a loose wire on my fuse block that caused the battery to die. Try to jump it with your car OFFF or using another wheeler.

Ok, I tested the battery which was new last spring, it read 12.6V so I just assumed it was good.
So I grabbed a deepcycle I had for my boat and jumped it and off she went!, tested to see if it was charging and yes,I have over 14v when running.
Went out to start it today and nothing!, had to boost it again! Not sure why it won't start with 12.6v?? I will see what my deep cyle reads tomorrow..

I have had the exact same issue with my 450. Like you i also ended up ordering another starter relay. Like you, the problem still persisted. Turned out to be the battery. It was reading 12.6, but when hooked to a load tester, it crashed. Your problem is most certainly the battery, or a loose connection.
Good luck!

I had the exact same issue. I changed the solenoid and the starter and it turned out to be the damn battery!...SC

I am having the same issue with the buzzing sound coming from the starter relay. Tried a ne battery & still the same issue. It pull starts fine. What should my next step be? Thanks!

Battery or Connections

BATTERY or connections. TEST .Try By-passing the solenoid by shorting the starter cable where it connects to the starter ,to the engine case with a screw driver or similar tool. If the starter works ,then the solenoid or Neg. cable or connections to them are bad . That is all it can be .

its a DEAD CELL in the battery my buddies had the same issue try to harge the battery and watch the cells bubble up i'll bet ONE DOESN'T thats your problem :)

Latest posts

Back