2004 will not start

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dm944

Reaction score
I have a 2004 Wolverine that has a intermittent starting problem. If the neutral light comes on when I turn the key on and the run switch is on it will start every time no problem. The problem is the neutral light does not always come on, I turn the key on put the run switch on and nothing. I have checked continuity through the key and it breaks when the key is off. The run switch seems to always have continuity, I took the switch apart and the red/black and brown going to the switch always have continuity. The battery is completely charged.
Not sure whats going on, thinking maybe a bad ground somewhere. I did check the battery ground and thats good. Anyone know where other grounds are located. Thanks for the help

It is more than likely the neutral censor on the shifter. Mine does the same thing. You should have a wired connection right behind the foot shifter. I tried everything to get mine to work and it still only comes on some of the time. All you have to do is hold the hand brake in and it will allow it to start. I hope this helps.

Cool, Thanks for the help. I will give it a try tonight

If its anything like the safety's on Yamaha Blasters you should be able to cut the 2 wires going to the sensor and splice them together and never have to worry about it again.

Latest posts

Back