2004 barn find

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dirtfan07

Reaction score
Yup, been sitting for 4 years and the owner didn't believe in washing atv's (seriously, that's his words). Other than needing a scrub down, I think it's in pretty good shape. Now my question; it started on the first pull and idled fine but when you reved it up, it would stall out unless you let off the throttle and it would again idle fine. I'm going to drain the gas and clean the carb, is their anything else to look for on these machines in ya'lls experience? Also, the prev owner told me it needs a starter but I think he just ran the battery dead. Is starter failure common?

The carb is probably dirty and clogged. Might be a safety switch, but I would first give the carb a good cleaning.

Starters can fail, but who knows. Throw it on a charger, or jumpstart it, and see what happens!

and make sure the e-brake is disengaged, it has a rev limiter

Update: the battery was completely shot but I borrowed one out of my 200sx and it turned it over just fine. Now onto cleaning out the carb. The previous owner did warn me about the e-brake but he said it will rev just fine in neutral but start missing when you put it in gear. Since mine missess in neutral, I'm leaning toward carb/fuel issue. Do you think I'm on the right track?

Latest posts

Back