2003 Carburetor has been bored

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rand0zer

Reaction score
Hello.

I have recently acquired a 2003 Wolverine 350. I had the top end rebuilt and the carburetor cleaned recently. When I picked it up, the mechanic said that someone had tried to change the pilot jet, but it looks like they couldn't get the original jet out. So, they jabbed and pried at it with a screwdriver and just took a drill and bored it out. He said it's in pretty bad shape and decreasing jet size didn't do much of anything (he was able to remove original jet).
He said he turned the mixture screw so that it's set to as little gas as possible, but it still fouls plugs and bogs out. Sometimes stalls when I try to climb a steep incline at low speeds.

He recommends that I try to find a good deal on a carburetor and I can see why. But I was wondering if maybe an aftermarket exhaust and air filter might help even it out. I took out the very nasty and old air filter and it ran like a beast without one, except for on the steep and slow inclines. I know I would probably end up spending less money on just a carb, but I wanted to get the aftermarket parts anyways.

Any thoughts?

Latest posts

Back