2001 yfm 350 warrior need advice

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
okay...
#1 I just bought my first quad and it def. Needs some work ... I can only get it to start with a boost off of another car I've tried to start it but it just turns and turns till the battery dies out . Maybe the battery isn't producing enough voltage . Dunno
#2 it smokes a good bit till the motor warms up then it quits smoking what could the issue be ... I'm thinking the rings are not sealing good .
#3 the biggest problem I went riding Saturday and I started to feel it slip after we hit a few hills and a few mud holes everyone said it was the clutch but I think it might be the transmission and advice on how I can find out ... I went up a little embankment off a low Creek and it would slip and catch slip and catch at common or even intrevals would this be clutch crank or tyranny issues ... Please anybody with insight help would it be expensive to rebuild or is it something I could tackle over a few months or should I just sell out of it and get a newer raptor

Latest posts

Back