2001 Warrior

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

zraffz

Reaction score
Almost done building it. I originally wanted a banshee, couldn't find one cheap enough so I bought a Warrior without a motor and a CBR 600 without a title. After being outside for a week (day and night) I have just about finished the new toy.

0310101704.jpg

Video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1b8rWcu_JF8

All I have left to do is put the chain on, this is an old picture... most of the plastics are back on now. It's came a long way this week, last week it was in a snow bank in a field rusting away.

I won't be putting it in the woods unless it's a very defined trail. I lost 2" of ground clearance and if anything is to bottom out, it will be the headers.
It's 110 horses and probably 500 lbs without a rider. Running the bike front sprocket and the quad rear to try and balance it out.

zraffz said:
I lost 2" of ground clearance and if anything is to bottom out, it will be the headers.

Exactly, that's why I would never hack a bike engine in. Still wating to see some one make one, make a custom belly skid for the headers and then go tear it up in the woods.

Thats sweet im in the process of putting a 250cc fourwheeler engine on a go-kart.

Tyler said:
Thats sweet im in the process of putting a 250cc fourwheeler engine on a go-kart.
My next project is going to be a go-kart sized buggy with a quad suspension and an identical motor or a bigger motor in a quad.

my rear axle keeps walking forward under load, causing me to tighten the chain every 2 minutes.. what the hell.

You gotta torque the **** out of the carrier bolts, top and bottom, especially with that much power.

been planning on doing this myself... but i have the tools to build custom headers so they dont hang out the bottom :D and ofcoarse i'd use a yamaha R6 engine cause well R6 owns the CBR's any day :)
and it'd give me the right to call it the fucked up baby of my R1 HAHA.
i've been looking for a roller warrior, banshee, raptor. so far only found a roller blaster. now mind ya i aint scared but holy hell man thatd be one hell of a ride!

warriorgirl09 said:
been planning on doing this myself... but i have the tools to build custom headers so they dont hang out the bottom :D and ofcoarse i'd use a yamaha R6 engine cause well R6 owns the CBR's any day :)
and it'd give me the right to call it the fucked up baby of my R1 HAHA.
i've been looking for a roller warrior, banshee, raptor. so far only found a roller blaster. now mind ya i aint scared but holy hell man thatd be one hell of a ride!
I originally bought a 2007 GSXR1000 motor but it was significantly larger and I thought 185 horses was a bit overkill.

Don't go making fun of my headers... I cut them apart and bent them using my hands and a torch lol. I wanted to put them above the frame but I had already made my back motor mounts and didn't feel like remaking them, the biggest problem you will encounter by raising your motor up higher is going to be the steep angle on the sprocket. My sprocket is already on a steep angle, the chain rests on the chain guard on the motor.

And don't fool yourself, the F2 and F3 were very advanced for their time. I'm running rejetted carbs and a slip on pipe (just isn't on yet), I imagine it's in the area of 110-120 horses. It's already a hell of a ride, I don't need more power. At a 15 MPH roll if I crack it to half throttle in 1st or 2nd it stands up on its own. I don't have my shifter on yet so I have not wound out any gear yet; highest I've had it was about 9 or 10 grand in 1st.

And I'm still on the stock warrior sprocket in the rear, CBR motor sprocket is a 525 and the Warrior is a 520, it's a pretty good fit though.

haha believe me! i've rode both cbr and R6. i've owned both. i own a cbr600f4i atm '04 model i think it is and i own a '08 i think it is R1
the CBR's are good bikes! i love mine but there just not the same level as the R series bikes.
CBR's are built as the bike you buy your girlfriend or wife and R series was built as the bike the guy buys for him self. a more crisp throttle response and revs alil faster and has a more stretched out powerband.
now luckly i'm a girl that buys her on **** and knows her **** about motorcycles and when i went to buy my R1 i drove by the honda dealer and went to the suzuki, yamaha, and kawasaki. test rode the kawi and suzuki and felt as though i didn't want to buy suzuki so i skipped on both (since suzuki made the engines for rhe kawi zx10r) and when i set my ass bown on the r1 and rosde it! holy **** i was in love! made me Wet it did :D hehe
anyway nice hack job! keep us posted

and i'm not going under the motor with my header i'm going beside it :D it'll be 2 headers both will be 2 into 1 and then those will tie into another 2 into one then into the can.

Yaya lol. Suzuki is still #1 in my eyes, followed by modern day Yamaha. I could have ran my pipes out the side but didn't care enough to, it's meant for riding rail road tracks, fields, mud and pavement.

And as far as the todo list:
- Finish exhaust
- Thermostat (it doesn't appear to be cycling)
- Fans (mine is burned out)
- Relocate gas tank

I've ridden it up and down the road a bit and in my driveway and the mud strip behind my house. It is pretty uncontrollable at wide open throttle cause the ass end just dances around or lifts the front wheels off the ground. I'm having some trouble finding a good balancing point with this on two wheels, most quads I can keep up for a while and I think it's cause of the twist push-pull throttle that I'm having difficulty, but I can only wheelie this thing for like 15 feet at a time. It got stock at half throttle earlier and almost smashed into my drag car :-/

Ya i was thinking why not just run them out the side that would solve the ground clearance problem but like you said it wont work for you.

Back