2000 wolvy leaky upper axle boot

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GTOBOSS

Reaction score
Hi Thanks in advance for your help. I went out to my garage and noticed a big puddle of oil under the wheeler. I investigated and its coming from the axle boot at the motor. Was wondering if anyone has changed the axle seals and how big of job that it was. I'm a decent wrench so I'm thinking about changing it . Anything I should know before I start. At a glance it looks like the rear shock/swingarm will have to be disconnected.

Thanks again

I'm down to removing the oil seal I think! After removing the U-Joints is there anything else to remove. I think the black ring I see is the oil seal but it does not look like any oil seal I've ever seen and it does'nt look like the new one. It looks like sealant. Did the factory use sealant on top of the oil seal or something. Also should it just slide out with minimal effort and should there be a gap about a 1/8in between the oil seal and the bearing? I read on someones post that a retaining nut for the bearing on the forward seal wasnt tightened properly from the factory should I be worried about that on the rear seal.

P.S. I'm a long time forum junkie I ALWAYS use the search function before I post!

Thanks again.

Sorry Boss...didn't mean any insult on the search suggestion. Like I've said I have not gone down that road before and unfortunately I don't have a shop manual that I can peak at to give you a tip on what you are seeing.

Anyone else able to help GTOBOSS?

btw, I've seen pdf manuals on ebay for about 20 bucks which is way better than the 80 they go for at a dealership.

No worries hOp I was hopeful that someone had a quick answer. I guess I'll just wing it and see what happens!

Thanks for the replies

Latest posts

Back