2000 wolverine stalls wont start. Help!

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

atomicbeing

Reaction score
Everytime my son rides his wolverine after a few minutes when he is the highest gear and goes to slow down and down shifts, the bike stalls and will turn over but wont start. About an hour later will start right up only to repeat same. any Ideas will be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Did you check to see if it has spark and fuel when this happens? They make a small tool you can rest on the spark plug wire and it will show you when it sparks. If its not sparking consistently when you run into this condition at all check the ignition coil and wire resistance/ohms first. The heat build up in high gear could be causing resistance to skyrocket, and eventually cause a no spark condition. If the spark is there but random and erratic it will be either the stator or CDI box. I chased a random spark condition for days on mine, which made me think CDI box, because my stator ohm'ed out well within spec. A brand new CDI came with no fix, so I gave up the $500 for a new OEM Yamaha stator. Bam, now it starts perfect with a sniff of the button, and runs w/no problem. Start with the cheap fix first (spark plug, wire, cap, and coil resistance) than dig deeper, I have also had to fix many wire breaks in the harness that were the result of prior hack jobs, or years of work hardening. Often times a corroded connector or ground is also culprit.

If its getting fuel, check and see if its flooding, which would mean your floats may be leaking. This will cause them to fill up and sink and flood the bike. Also, check to make sure the Choke isn't sticking which will cause the bike to stall as well. Could also be a case of dirty gas tank, filling carb bowl with junk. Thou to be honest the fuel system in these bikes is stone dead reliable, I had the top half of my carb fill with muddy water in creek crossing and the bike kept going for months! Lol, I found a layer of mud an 1/8 inch thick during my winter maintainence when I pulled the carb to do a quick inspection!

Latest posts

Back