2000 warrior lost fire

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hayseed71

Reaction score
Hey guys. New to the forum and I need some help. Just bought a 2000 and the second day I owned it I fired it up and it died within 2 minutes and has had no fire to the plug since. The coil resistance was off so I bought a new one from the yamaha dealer. No fire. Took the left side cover off and took to dealer and they told me the stator was bad. Bought a new one and installed it last nite. No fire. What's next? Cdi box? New wiring harness? Set it on fire? Any advice will be appreciated.

Start going thru grounds and other connections. I went thru this with my old warrior. Mine ended up being the little wire that comes off of the main battery ground.

Only way to test if a CDI is put a known good one on. Theres no way to test with a multimeter. Where are you from there might be someone local to you with a same CDI

Well I checked out all of my ground connections and found no problems. I guess the next step is to fork over a couple hundred for a new cdi. I'm thinking I'll go with dynatek. I know they make good products for harleys so quality should be the same.

Well I checked out all of my ground connections and found no problems. I guess the next step is to fork over a couple hundred for a new cdi. I'm thinking I'll go with dynatek. I know they make good products for harleys so quality should be the same.

Unless its stock dont get any other CDI except for dynatechs. The make the best period

Ok so its been awhile but finally an update. I just put the new dyna fs cdi on and it fired up after like 3 revolutions. It idles perfect but anything above idle it starts missing like a rev limiter. Its so bad its unridable. Anyone have any thoughts?

I have the same problem cant figure out what it is try adjusting your float, make sure your bikes getting enough fuel. Ive pulled the carb on mine multiple time the jets are clear, and Ive reset my float multiple times but nothing, but try your float and see if that helps t all

Back