-2 swingarm

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

beastlywarrior228

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
this is coming from the banshee crowd which doesnt have much difference from a warrior, take a stock swingarm and cut 1 or 2 inches off it (depending on what you like) and weld it back together, advantages- moves the center of balance fo the quad back making the front lighter, increased grip to the back tires and finally better handling because its shorter and has a much better turning radius. disadvantages- makes the front end lighter making it not a good option for people who like the heavy steering or do a lot of big hill climbs. what do you guys think?

another disadvantage... DEATH! the idea of cutting the swing arm and then welding it sounds like a bad idea.. the initial idea does sound ok, i just wouldnt trust it. could prolly search around and find a shorter swing arm that wouldnt need any "tweaking"

Well if you can weld good it would work and if you do it you might as well put some extra support braces somehow to strengthen the welds.

so you're saying that a banshee swingarm will bolt up to a warrior? are they longer than a warrior swingarm?

no cutting and welding the swinger works great... blaster people cut 2,3, and 4 inch sections out of a swinger and weld it into another to extend it. so it's 4 weld joints per swinger and i've never heard of one breaking... i've been thinking about doing it to mine.

It works ! Most TT racers do it all the time . Traction and cornering are the benifit . Have a PROFESSIONAL do it though .

Yeah it works. All you gotta do is get a piece of metal tubing that is smaller and will fit inside the swinger. Then weld it all the way around. Then I would plate the outside of it. Clean and paint and your good to go. The only probs ive heard was that a couple guys had them crack when they jumped them. Im thinking about doin it to my Blaster.

As soon as I locate new warrior swinger for project I will post pics of a swinger being shortened 2 in

Latest posts

Back