2 in. Lift Kit Troubles?

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bigmike875

Reaction score
I installed the 2 in. lift kit last year, love the extra height, but am on my second set of inner cv boots. The lift just puts the half axles at too much of an angle, and puts too much strain on the boots. Anyone had this problem?

Are the axles still OK? If the boots are damaged, I wonder how the CV's themselves are doing.

Bigmike875 said:
I installed the 2 in. lift kit last year, love the extra height, but am on my second set of inner cv boots. The lift just puts the half axles at too much of an angle, and puts too much strain on the boots. Anyone had this problem?

Can you post some pictures of your front end for us???? I would like to see the angle of them!!! Im running 2.5" on a 06' and havent had any problems (yet) knock on wood.

I hear that the lift does put extra stress on the joints. An old mechanic once told me to use spray silicone on the weather seals in car doors to keep them soft. I wonder if silicone would help soften the boots and keep them from cracking? Its worth a shot!

One of the guys we ride with had a lift kit on his old Polaris. The machine was a monster! It could really go anywhere. But, he was always breaking axles. I guess the lift put too much strain on the cv's and they would break every so often.

The thing with lifting a Wolverine is the solid rear axle. On a machine with IRS, you'll lift the entire machine. With a solid axle machine, you'll lift the machine, but you'll still have the rear diff at the same height.

Just my 2 cents.

Glenn said:
One of the guys we ride with had a lift kit on his old Polaris. The machine was a monster! It could really go anywhere. But, he was always breaking axles. I guess the lift put too much strain on the cv's and they would break every so often.

The thing with lifting a Wolverine is the solid rear axle. On a machine with IRS, you'll lift the entire machine. With a solid axle machine, you'll lift the machine, but you'll still have the rear diff at the same height.

Just my 2 cents.

I do agree with the solid axle comment you made. But...I have found when we lifted mine...when the front is higher you only have to drag you rear and your not getting hung up in the front. If that makes cents!!! The only way your going to really get anymore ground clearance in the rear is with bigger tires!!!! The only thing I really changed on the rear of mine when we lifted it was adjust where the shock mounts.. to even out the front and the rear due to the lift in the front. All the stuff we made.. we machined ourselfs....so its a work in progress!!!! I do agree...If you want to go high IRS is the only way to fly!!!! But...got to work with what your have!!!!

I hear ya. I've gotten hung up under the front/mid section of my machine before and know how that feels. :D

I just think the Wolverine is an interesting mix of sport and 4x4. If people want to go bigger, they should really look towards an IRS untility machine. The Wolverine is great, but it does have its limitations.

When navigating boulder fields in Colorado, ground clearance is key. That being said, I installed a lift on my Wolverine so that I could easily get the front end and belly skid over the rocks, then run the exposed axle side of the rearend over said rock. As mentioned, getting hung up before the rear axle gets there is the problem.

Sorry Guys, my connection was down for a while, but fixed now!! My front axles are fine, (i always caught the boots in time), Its just the inner boots, They got small stress tears that quickly spread. I took the front lift off the other day but left the back on, This actually worked out good for me because now when I get on, it levels out. Got my new boots in my back seat, just waitin' on a good weekend to change them:D
Thanks Everybody!

Latest posts

Back