1999 yamaha warrior 350

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Warrioryfm1999

Reaction score
I got a 1999 yamaha warrior fresh rebuild new cam valve and poston, the problem is ever since the rebuild anything past 1/4 throttle it falls on its face and backfires out the exhaust and rarely out the carb, ive tried new coil, new pick up coil new CID, tried the clutch and park brake switch, has bigger jets, its been cleaned several times and i dont know what to do please help.

Last edited:
What is your air intake setup? And what kind of exhaust do you have?

And ive already checked the intake boot, valves are adjusted and not too tight i need help

Backfiring like that out of the carb is a lean condition. What size jets do you have in there?

Backfiring like that out of the carb is a lean condition. What size jets do you have in there?

its a 147.5 main and 45 pilot with closed air box and the choke all the way out does nothing but make it idle like crap

Last edited:
just for good measure spray the carb boot between carb and head with starting fluid while its idling and see if the idle goes up if so the boot is cracked and will need to be replaced

ok but what color is the plug take it out and see what color the porcelain is inside the threads

black=rich
brown=perfect
white or grey=lean

ok but what color is the plug take it out and see what color the porcelain is inside the threads

black=rich
brown=perfect
white or grey=lean

Its blackish, never mind sorry its white i had to look at it shoulda did that first lol

Last edited:
Its got stock air box and k&n filter and FMF titanium 4 full exhaust, and yes the air fuel screw is two full turns out its a brand new plug and its white at the end, and im gonna get a 150 main jet and give that try

Back