1996 Timberwolf shifting problems

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

2kwarr

Reaction score
My dad got ahold of a free 1996 Yamaha Timberwolf 250 its the automatic that you just shift without having to pull in the clutch. The problem is that it won't shift up into 4th or 5th gear but 1,2,3 are just fine. Anyone have any ideas as to why? thanks alot

i have a 97 and you have to adjust a bolt on the side of the block it will say something like lighter harder or something like that, mess around with that bolt see if it might help

yeah there is an adjustment bolt on the brake side that you can increase or decrease i will tell him to adjust that per the shop manual specs.

The common adjustment procedure for nearly all auto clutch quads (except for the eiger400) is to loosen the lock nut (usually a 14mm), turn the adjuster screw (slot head) counter clockwise, until resistance is felt. DO NOT turn any further, if so the screw comes out of the pressure/throw out bearing. Once resistance is felt, turn the screw clockwise 1/4, lockdown the nut (while holding the screw in place), and test ride.

You should also feel a difference in the shifter as well. It should feel "tighter".

Latest posts

Back