1989 Warrior bearing carrier replacement

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ACA332

Reaction score
Hey guys, I've got an 89 Warrior, and the rear carrier is worn out where the bearings fit.

Looking for an aftermarket one on ebay, I've found that most of them say for 1990-2004. Visually, the part is identical to mine. However, the part number on the microfiche is different.

Will this part still work?

my book tells me 89 and on are all the same, as long as you have 2 long bolts, 7 inches long, as opposed to 4 short bolts mounting it your good to go.

my book tells me 89 and on are all the same, as long as you have 2 long bolts, 7 inches long, as opposed to 4 short bolts mounting it your good to go.
That's the one I've got, but I just got an email from the seller and he seems certain that they're different.

I was thinking they were the same too, because some ebay auctions say 89-04, but they were used, not brand new like I want.

You say you've got it in a book, that they fit? It looks like the axle part number is the same, between 89 and 90. However, the swing arm is different. Physically, it looks like only the chain guide changed between these years.

While we're on the topic, Does anyone know what year swingarms are a direct swap for the 89? The bearing end of mine had a crack, but was repaired at some point in it's life. I'd just as soon swap it for a newer swing arm, and pickup one of these newer carriers and have the whole thing dealt with.

Last edited:
Clymer 87-95 Warrior book no. M487 Book says 87-88 same (with 4 bolts) then 89-on (2 bolts) but i just looked up numbers and there coming up different between 89 and 90 on 2 different sites. im lookin, maybe someone got a newer book than mine too, mine copyright 1995

I've been using the microfiche on cmsnl.com. Looks like the swing arm and carrier are the same from 1990-2003. The axle is the same from 1989 to 2003.

The carrier and swing arm from a 1989 look like a one-time-deal.

The linkages are the same part number from 1989 to 2003.

Looks like the shock changed though, a number of times from 1989 to 2003.

So basically, if someone can come in here and confidently say they've installed a 1990 or later swing arm on an 1989 warrior, I'm just gonna buy one from those years, a matching carrier, and be done with it.

All swingarms are interchangable between all years warriors. They shortened them 1" in 89, and changed the design of the carrier. Is there a difference between the 89 and the 90's carriers? I can't say, but they look the same, with the spacer tubes and the 2 bolts as opposed the the 4 bolts in 87-88.

All swingarms are interchangable between all years warriors. They shortened them 1" in 89, and changed the design of the carrier. Is there a difference between the 89 and the 90's carriers? I can't say, but they look the same, with the spacer tubes and the 2 bolts as opposed the the 4 bolts in 87-88.

The only carrier that says it's specifically for the 89 is a machined aluminum one that's nearly twice the price of aftermarket steel one for 1990-on. Since I'd eventually like to change the swing arm due to the damage, I'm thinkin I might buy it, see if it somehow fits my swingarm, and if not, I'll just get the proper swingarm and call it a day.

Thanks for the info, the both of you. Unless anyone else wants to chime in last second to tell me we're all wrong!

Check with yamahualer, he is parting out a 92. I don't know if midway has a swinger still. He was parting out a bike as well.

Ive got an entire swinger with carrier off my 99. Bearings are good and ive already tapped the carrier for grease zerk. Only reason i pulled it was to install my LoneStar setup.

Ive got an entire swinger with carrier off my 99. Bearings are good and ive already tapped the carrier for grease zerk. Only reason i pulled it was to install my LoneStar setup.

What's your price? Any repairs done to the swing arm bushing end of it? And do the bearings fit nice and tight into the carrier?

I hope he gets back to me before tomorrow. The sale ends on ebay for the aftermarket one I'm considering.

Latest posts

Back