1987 yamaha warrior motor help

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
well i got nothing but woods here, with NO trails made yet, so i ordered extra rods when i did the other warrior, I just picked up a 01 blaster that im doing up for my son. I love bartering lol

I hear that, hell my warrior was givin to me the guy got it for his wife but decided he didnt want to have to rebuild it so after it sitting in his home shop for awhile he offerd it to me just come get it and i did that night in the pooring rain!!! Went from free to now having probly alittle more than 800 into it, it was blown up..

i paid 300 for my 87, basicly was frame with motor and plastics, i been building it for the last year, little by little. Everyone looked at me when i bought it, but now with it fully running and riding around they cant believe it lol. I have about 1000 into it now, but i got an extra complete rolling frame with plastics with no motor that im going to be building this summer as well.

Sweet, and it was kinda the same thing here, my wife said youll never get it running and when she heard it fire up with the blown motor she said she couldnt believe i got it to run so then i pulled the head and piston got a new piston and rings and got a machine shop to go threw the head and machine the drum,barrel or whatever its called, and still going now just dumping money but owell ill get to ride it more then around the house when i feel its more reliable..good luck with your bro and keep use posted, PS i got alot of my parts here so keep that in mind before you ebay everything...

okay cool, i will let you know what i need, Im just about done with mine, but this summer i have to get my wifes done... thats gonna be fun.

okayso this am, in the snow i triedto start my warrior. the starter did not clunk ans it turned over smoothly, but then the battery started to die again and started to clunk slightly... gonna putthe battery on a slow charge over night tonight when i get home.

Is the battery old, sounds like it has a dead cell,, if its old i recomend get a new bettery and got from there, only other thing i can think of is its not getting charged but you showed it was charging when running so...ps a regular battery should never be blow 12.6 i beleive!!!

its a new battery and i never did a full charge on it... i was too much in a rush to ride so its my fault really. Its a NAPA junk... ill just put it on charge over night and then ill be good to go.

Think when i got my factory battery they said they charged it for 3 hrs very slow charge i believe and yeah you may have damaged it now but maybe it will charge up and hold properly..

yeah we shall see after i charge it, tough my wife today how to use a clutch and let her ride the blaster with np brakes lol

Latest posts

Back