1987 warrior problem

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

The1Hero

Reaction score
hello everyone
i kinda got an odd issue, well i charged my battery fully no more clunking but i got another issue. pull start works great nice spark and fires right up. now the electric start no spark. I cant figure out what is wrong, went through all wires and the whole diagram and everything is correct. what could be stopping spark when i use the electric start?

Test the pickup coil on the stator. The signal from that is the only one the CDI looks for when using electric start. Pull starting it's using the source coil on the stator. Ill almost bet thats the issue.

On edit: your 87 should have 2 pickup coils so one or both could be bad.

selinoid or CDI Box possibly but there is another thread here close by that will give you ohms range to check your coils and stator. I will see if I can dig it up.

via YAMAHAULER: On the 3 white wires coming out of the stator, they should all have 0.7~0.8 ohms resistance in all three combinations. That means imagine numbering each white wire either 1, 2, or 3. Check 1 to 2, 1 to 3 and 2 to 3. Also, check any one of the white wires to the laminated iron core of the stator. ANY continuity to ground indicates the stator has had an insulation breakdown and will have to be replaced.

To test the Source coil (for the ignition) connect your pocket tester from the white/green wire to the red wire. Resistance should be 270~330 ohms resistance.

To test the pickup coil, connect your tester from the blue to the yellow wire. Resistance should be 171~209 ohms resistance.

I have a new stator and pickups. I will install them later this weekend or next week. Suppose to get up 18 inches of snow tomorrow lol.. thanks everyone. I will post back on everything

So what made you lose spark that time if it isn't too far off topic?

Latest posts

Back