1987 mod questions.. help

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
yeah i used that pull start a few times driving it around the yard since i dont have a battery for it, dang that thing comes in handy, but dont forget to hit that decompression switch up front OUCH lol.

but it does stick out alot on that side.

Ive never actually used the decompression lever, of course Im not a small guy either!! LOL

It took a little while to get used to being there, but Im so used to it its weird if I take it off. If you want to put a direct shifter on it ever, use a Banshee shifter. Its longer than the others and works great once you custom bend it around the pull start.

Wow I thought mine had a powerglide it's a 2speed auto lmao

G, i'm so glad i didnt miss out on comments like this. yay

until i am able to find out for myself i go on information given

same reason for joining this site, so yeah i spend more time building
cars then these but thanks for your insite.

and if you need a powerglide i have a couple in the barn set of for sportmods.

as for anything i build i gain as much info as possible, and i figured this would be best site for warrior questions.

flame me but as we go teach me so i know for next newbie that comes on the site,lol.

Ive never actually used the decompression lever, of course Im not a small guy either!! LOL

It took a little while to get used to being there, but Im so used to it its weird if I take it off. If you want to put a direct shifter on it ever, use a Banshee shifter. Its longer than the others and works great once you custom bend it around the pull start.

only pull starts i have been used to were chainsaws and lawn mower,lol.
can probably pull start without it but just gotta catch it right mine likes to stick the plastic piece inside it are cracked so sometimes doesnt recoil .

i do LOVE the option been there helping others pull start cause of dead battery.

i was looking at the yz250 one but wasnt sure on the pullstart, thank you for the info answers one of a long list of questions. if you have a pic of it bent i would love to see it, bud.

only pull starts i have been used to were chainsaws and lawn mower,lol.
can probably pull start without it but just gotta catch it right mine likes to stick the plastic piece inside it are cracked so sometimes doesnt recoil .

i do LOVE the option been there helping others pull start cause of dead battery.

i was looking at the yz250 one but wasnt sure on the pullstart, thank you for the info answers one of a long list of questions. if you have a pic of it bent i would love to see it, bud.

Dont worry on being flamed here, the only time we get like that is if you ignore everything thats been posted like you know more. Ive already noticed your not like that so your good to go. And yes we have had a few people like that and they usually dont stay around long.

Ill look and see if I have a good pic of my shifter. If I cant find a good one on my comp or photobucket Ill get one.

And actually heres proof for them that all warriors are 6 speed. I forgot my 87 motor has the shift pattern on the oil filter cover
IMG_20110314_163500.jpg

i will have to look at mine to see if its there, VERY kewl.

also did you reweld that or just bend it?

BTW, its look badass i am DEF goign to do this quick as possible.

i have heard the linkages was the issue on the first gen 660 raptors not getting into gear properly.

And actually heres proof for them that all warriors are 6 speed. I forgot my 87 motor has the shift pattern on the oil filter cover
IMG_20110314_163500.jpg

i will have to look at mine to see if its there, VERY kewl.

also did you reweld that or just bend it?

BTW, its look badass i am DEF goign to do this quick as possible.

i have heard the linkages was the issue on the first gen 660 raptors not getting into gear properly.

I just bent it, started at the shift rod end and made each bend til it wouldnt hit anything. Obviously dont try bending it on the shift rod. A little hint a wood bench or something of the like and a deadblow mallet is how I bent it. I did it automatically when I started the biuld on the 99, since I had the linkage stud break on the 98 when I was in some woods. Talk about a pain to get back out without shifting.

i will take your word for it until i can also test it for myself.lol

i agree any one i have rode was 6spd. but they were all 97 and newer so
i have just gone on others info.

what year is yours

Mine is a 96. Ive had an origanal 87 and an 88 and there 6 spd trust me.

G, i'm so glad i didnt miss out on comments like this. yay

until i am able to find out for myself i go on information given

same reason for joining this site, so yeah i spend more time building
cars then these but thanks for your insite.

and if you need a powerglide i have a couple in the barn set of for sportmods.

as for anything i build i gain as much info as possible, and i figured this would be best site for warrior questions.

flame me but as we go teach me so i know for next newbie that comes on the site,lol.
Accually wasn't meant to offend you, I made the remake because of the peeps you talked to that said it was a 5 spped. How would you know since you just got it back together.

Back