Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

warriorrider13

Reaction score
OK I just finished putting the motor all back together and all the hard ****, alls done. Then when we go to try and start it , it makes that little clicking noise and the lights DO NOT work.Figure the battery's dead because it was disconnected for a while. So we put a charger on it, then my dad just can't wait for 5 minutes,presses the little red button and then battery acid starts leaking out! So is the battery either fried? Or the connection isn't right?

what? lol did you charge the battery with something? It sounds like you nuked it with a trickle charger at to high of an amperage or over filled it.

where did the acid come out? Unless it came out of the vent tube your battery is definitely fucked.

Well umm Im not positive to where it cam from but I THINK it came from the vent hose because it was dripping from the side of the frame right where the vent hose comes out.

how much acid came out? Did the battery completely drain, or was it a few drops? I would just fill the levels back up with distilled water, put it on a trickle charger for a while, and keep an eye on it. Let it on the charger for a few hours, then see what it does when you hook it back up. If it doesn't start, then it's time to start looking for a new one

Most likely you either charged it with to much amperage. I think the max is like 2 amps for those batteries. I am not positive but I think my buddie's mechanic said to much amperage will mess up the plates inside or something. Probably need a new battery.

Mix sulfuric acid and sugar and make a carbon tower out of your battery!!! Don't **** around with bum batteries, just buy a new one, afterall they are only 30.

Back