Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fearnofish06860

Reaction score
so it so turns out the trans on my 2001 pontiac grand am is going. we bought it used, and it had 120,000 miles on it. weve had it for going on 2 years and ive only drivin the car for one year! its got 140,000 miles on it. its got a 3.4 liter in it, and its actaully pretty fast, and its a damned fun car to drive. looks like im stuck on my mountian bike for some time :-[

Thats a shitty deal man, but that is a pretty common car. You should be able to find a good transmission at a wreckers. Matter of fact I beleive that it has the same trans as my Monte Carlo. Theres nothing wrong with riding the mountain bike, I do all the time, I'm a big time rider, its fun man.

Stop beating on them, and they tend to last more than 140K.

Yeah if I remember right that car came with a 4T60E 4 speed automatic w' OD. Expensive as hell to rebuild, so find a good useable core, pull the pan smell the fluid, check for crap laying in the pan. If the fluid smells burnt, (fishy) and is dark in color pass on it. My sister had a 2000 2 dr GT, they are quick. Good luck.

Latest posts

Back