1000 $

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ride4life

Reaction score
I have a grand to put in to my running warrior and I need some help in knowing what to get. Help ?

What are you wanting to do?? Are you wanting internal work?? Or just a combine of mods?? 1000 Bucks can go along way if done wise.

Id like boring cam carb and stuff like that I just need a little hel basically I want the most badass warrior around here

First fix anything that is broken.
Next creature comforts, raptor clutch ect.
Suspension is a biggie for me. And high on the list.
If you want to know what works good check out the Elites section.

I am running a edelbrock and love the performance from it, But they are getting harder to finds needles and parts for. If you want a idea of the baddest warrior IMO type in the search box Sickest warrior ever, This machine is on another level.

I'm sure all the elite machines have 3-5 grand easy so a thousand bucks your just scratching the surface. I have that much in my head and cylinder piston rings and cam.. Not counting hot rods crank exhaust aluminum air box and bigger carb and suspension then your gonna want a aftermarket axle, a arms the list goes on.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9310 using Tapatalk

Your gonna want a bigger carb than that if you have it bored and a bigger cam and exhaust u will want a 38mm

Jeff hit the nail on the head for $1000 you can do some moderate upgrades I know I have $1200 alone in to suspenion and drive upgrades and another $1300 or more in motor and I still am not done

I have vm38 carb set up works great. I recomend suspension upgrades first than work on motor no point of having more power if it handles like ****

Last edited:
But as stated above it can be stretched very well by watching the parts for sale and posting in the wanted section. My advice to you is figure out a starting point and make a plan. Try not to deviate too far from it because upgrade parts cost add up fast. I been accumulating parts for about 7 months for a bike that I bought in boxes and I am at about 1/4 the way done with the build parts list and about 1000 into it with LOTS of help from these guys. I see that beastly warrior has a p+p head for sale with HD springs for 150 bucks. That would be a great start IMHO. Slap a good cam of choice in there and all the head work is done...

Last edited:
basically I want the most badass warrior around here

You're going to have to spend A LOT more then a grand to do that. I know, I built one of the most badass Warriors on here. lol

What is a good aftermarket carb ?

39mm FCR is the ****, but, not for everyone's build.

I'm sure all the elite machines have 3-5 grand easy so a thousand bucks your just scratching the surface.

I have over 6k in mine, and I built most of my ****! lol

Take sparkys advice and fix whats broken or giving you problems, Then go from there. Like I said before a 1000 can do a little bit, but the Elite builds are on a whole different level. Im not even in the elite and I have spent a fortune on mine the wheels and tires where over 1300 and im no where near where I want it to be with my build. Im not trying to make you feel bad but just telling you the truth.

I also agree with sparky. Fix anything that is wrong with it. I recently traded for a warrior and Im kind of in the same boat as you. However, I set out to build a reliable engine and something that is appealing to the eye in case I ever had to or wanted to get rid of it. If you drop a thousand in the engine but dont touch the exterior, how is the average joe going to look at it? Its going to look the exact same with a better engine but it will still be a 350.

Dont get me wrong here, the 350 engine is a bad machine but if you want it to run with the 450's your going to have to drop atleast 3000 in it.

One last thing I havent seen mentioned yet (surprises the hell out of me) is FullFlight +2 a-arms. I would say 70% of the members on here have them on there quad. And at only 350 bucks on ebay you cant argue.

Just spend the money wisely or you will end up paying triple for your mistakes.

Back