09 450 stumble/bog/no power!

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

2MMROZ

Reaction score
So my buddy and I bought 09 450's a few months. Both of us are having a major issue with dirt in the carb. With 100 miles on them, the carbs needed cleaned due to stumbling under heavy throttle. About 75miles later, it started again. This time we cleaned them, cleaned and lubricated the air filters, and installed in-line fuel filters. There was a nice size piece of dirt in the main jet both times. So now (3rd time) with 250 miles mine is doing it again. It was runing fine and all of the sudden crossing a road it started to bogg, wont go over 31mph and stalls when you come to a stop. Am i missing something obvious? I'm about to buy a adapter plate and clamp on air filter to try this time. It just doesnt seem right that i have to add aftermarket products to my almost brand new quad just so it runs. Any help or direction is greatly appriciated!

reroute your carb vent line(you can alson put a little filter on it), after i did mine ive had no problems:). Hope this helps

I had the same exact problem, but when I re-routed the line I forgot to clean the actual line, haha.

Back