07 Rear axle seal

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bigbuck

Reaction score
Noticed a little seepage on the floor, on the left side of the diff where the axle shaft housing mounts to the diff. Looks like water and a little gear oil. Mainly water,about a Tbl. spoon worth on the garage floor, I can ride for hours and the fluid level never really changes, and never any water in the gear oil itself. Is there an O-ring where the axle shaft housing bolt to the gear housing? Could water be getting in at this joint when I wash her? Is this anything to worry about if i keep an eye on the fluid level? Thank you for your help

Attachments

• 100_1634.jpg
    100_1634.jpg
    93 KB · Views: 15
Last edited by a moderator:
Mine looks exactly the same way. No leaks, just kinda shows a dampness in a sense. I haven't done anything about it.

Ya mine actually will have a drop or so of oil hanging there after a day of riding. Doesn't seem to bad yet.

havent heard of this yet! Is it still leaking? I ve had a drop here and there but always stops.

Ya it seems to come and go.I Asked the mechanic at the dealership about it. He said water could be getting in through the drum brake seals, or it could just be condensation building up in the axle shaft housing. He said some guys will drill holes in the bottom of the axle shaft housing to drain it out if water does gett in. Or they drill it and put a grease fitting there to pump the housing full of grease. So now my question is, if I do have water in the axle housing will it eventually enter the gear housing or is it totally sealed up? Thanks everyone for your repies!

When I dissasembled my rear housing to do the seal by the drive shaft there was not a drop of grease anywhere to be found.

I have the same issue with my rear axle. After a good ride there will be a drop or two come out than stop. I don't think its bad enough to replace i just check the level every now and than.

Back