07 problems

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Teak

Reaction score
Just bought 07 Wolverine 450 4x4 ran fine during test drive.

Now once I close choke won't keep an idle and stalls. Drained gas, changed plug, cleaned k&n filter mixed in fuel carb cleaner. Still having same problem???????

Also fan runs alot overheat light hasn't come on yet but runs pretty hot.

New here any help greatly appreciated.

Last edited by a moderator:
is it piped? I would suggest loosing the screw to drain the carb first(make sure the fuel in the carb is clean). If this doesnt work I would pull and clean the carb. I have a 08 450 and do alot of mud riding. There is a breather tube that sits under the gas tank for the carb and it sucks dirt and water in. I'm thinking your pilot jet is clogged.

My fan runs alot too. Especially now that its getting warmer out.

No, it has stock pipe. Fan being on all the time is my main concern. Overheat warning light isn't coming on but have had many ATV's and fans never ran that much. Would a bad thermostat act like that?

I will check that little tube (it's the one that sits under base of carb right?) for any blocks.

Do you get a humming sound in front differential when running at a higher speed?

Thanks for your help !!!!!!

I had sort of a similar situation, and I had a small pice of dirt in one of the jets. I tried to drain the bowl but it did not work. I had to pull the carb to get it out.

Hi Teak, I also posted a similar question about the fan cycling on and off..It's the Newbe with the 07 post.. Got a few replies mainly saying its normal as long as it doesn,t continuosly run and the overheat light doesn't come on when running. It should flash on when turning over to start just to tell u the light is functioning properly. As for stalling I know with mine I need at least half choke for about a minute before it will stay idleing.. Good Luck!

Whoa 1 question at a time. Cant hear any humming my pipe is loud and listening for the screams of the little critters that get in the way LOL.,Cant help you with the fan. Mine runs alot but what really is alot. Why are you concearned? When it doesnt run I would be concearned.

Take carb out and clean it or I suggest seafoam about 3-4 ounces in a tank fulll. Will take some time to break down any water or gunk.

I'm just saying I had to take my carb out and clean it every 3rd or 4th rides from dust and dirt getting in the bowl. So I rerouted my breather tube (float chamber air vent tube)up by the handle bars and added a filter to it.

http://www.cyclecentralpowersports....ategory=atvs&make=YAMAHA&year=2008&fveh=12846 Part 31 "pipe"

Thanks everyone for input. Will let you know how I make out.

When u wash it make sure u get the rad real clean, they have a tendency to collect a lot of dirt behind the rad and cooling fan. If its not getting air through it the fan will cycle more.

all good tips,my fan runs more often when the air temp gets warmer or when I run the wolvy hard so as long as the temp light doesnt go on you should b good to go.

Back