06 wolverine front diff issue?

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pontiac69

Reaction score
Hello everyone, this is my 1st post. I look forward to learning about my quad here on the forum.

Just bought the quad only to find out the 4 wheel drive isn't working. I can hear the wiper motor thing mounted to the front diff. So I know the switch and electric motor is working. Could the diff be dry? If so can I just refill to se if that loosens thing up?

Does the front drive shaft turn when you are riding? if so i wouldn't think just adding fluid will fix anything. You may have a bigger problem on your hands.

Well I wound up pulling the front diff out. Checked everything out and now understand how it works. Turned out that there is a small Allen key on the front diff that was tight. This Allen headed screw basically allows the gear to move putting in and out of 4 wheel drive. I unscrewed it enough to allow the gear ( tooth) to move enough to engage the collar onto the spinning front driveshaft. Then it needed a new oil seal since once filled it leaked all out. So everything is back together and working great.

I must say I love forums to learn about things. As well as talk to other owners to help them out. So far I have not found a good wolverine forum. I don't know if its the fact that its a wolverine or not. Doesn't seem to be a very popular quad. My son loves it.

Latest posts

Back