06 Wolverine 450 wont do more that 35 mph

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sinned96

Reaction score
Dont know where to start but it bogs out around 35 mph. Could it be fuel, spark or what? Seems to run fine when I rev it up in neutral.

Doesn't sound like a spark issue, typically if you have spark, you have spark. I would expect that it is fuel related. Have you tried cleaning the carb, maybe there is a problem with the needle, main jet.

OR, I could be completely wrong and it is electrical in one of the newer switches IDK about. Is there a rev limiting device? I know mine came with a parking brake safety switch. Parking brake on = no increase in RPM. My switch was bad, cut wires, bypass switch, no more problems :D

ok when it is at 35 mph does it feel like you just cant get any more speed out of it(possibly clutch slipping?)

if so , have you dunked it in water? or done clutch kit recently?
If that is the case then pull your clutch cover off and inspect to see if it has thrown the grease out of the primary(had this happen to me on 2 occasions)

I am having a similar problem. sorry don't mean to try taking over your post ... but could be the same...for me it started I was in a mud / water hole... pretty deep and it started bogging like I was hitting a rev limit ! and I was not .... it kept bogging and popping.... it did not do it in reverse when I backed out.( with the over ride switch for reverse on) as soon as I got out of the water it seemed fine...I could not open it up very fast at that point since I was deep in a trail... but when I got out on a logging road and opened it wide it went up to speed fine, but popped and back fired a bit at top end.....it was like it cut right out for a split second and back on ..... any ideas? is there a rev limit for forward? if so is there a way to go around it?

I have cleaned the carb and it made no difference. It has been under water a few times. It seems to load up and back fire once in a while. I guess the next step is tear down the clutch and put a clutch kit in while I am at it. Any suggestions for a good clutch kit?

Epi and the hauck clutch machine work are the only ones i would trust. The ones off of ebay, I have had no experience with. But i have the epi kit in mine and it works great.

Hauck has been doing this clutch machine work on snowmobiles for a long time very reputable.

Latest posts

Back