06 350 burns oil

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sadler850

Reaction score
Bought a used 2006 350. It burns oil bad and doesn't seem to have much power. It needs a new clutch as well.

I did a wet/dry compression test today and it has 150 dry and 180 wet. I suspect the rings are shot, however, I cannot find specifications for what the compression should be.

I think it needs a top end rebuild. When the piston/rings/cylinder are replaced, are the valves normally replaced then as well?

Any help is appreciated!

Sounds like a stuck oil ring or something. I'd take off the head and see what's going on in there. Better to have peace of mind for a 20 dollar gasket set and a little time than deal with it burning oil.

Sounds like a stuck oil ring or something. I'd take off the head and see what's going on in there. Better to have peace of mind for a 20 dollar gasket set and a little time than deal with it burning oil.

That is a good idea. I will pull it apart and see if I can see anything out of the ordinary.

Any other suggestions are welcome!

Thanks everyone!

Back