05 yfm350

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pcnismo

Reaction score
I just got this warrior and everything is fine except it came from a stunter so they removed something. There are 2 sets of wires up from that i cant figure out. The first set it 2 black wires not stripes. the other is a black wire with a yellow stripe paired with a black wire. Any idea what these go to. I have the wiring diagram but im having a hard time figuring out where there wires are on the diagram. Any help would be great thank you. and i already have the lights hooked up so its not them. Thanks again.

If the wires are in the front under the hood then they probably disconnected the parking brake sensor and clutch sensor. Both are unneeded, and are known to cause problems. I would just leave them disconnected.

yeah i thought one was the brake light i touched the two wires together but nothing came on so... i just assumed leave then disconnected cause everything still works. Thank you guys for all your help. I have another question. Sometimes the bike will start in gear and sometimes it wont. is ther something i can check to see why it does that. TIA

That's the clutch sensor bypass. You just have to be careful that you have it in neutral, that switch cuts off the motor if it thinks the parking brake is on. You'll want to leave it off of there trust me!!! Just shift all the way down and do the half click back up before starting or check the light. You can just pull the clutch in like a z400 or such at startup if you want to be safe. It surprised me once in my garage and gave the wall a rub lmao.

lol, ok thanx, thats what i have been doing, just sometimes it doesnt need to be in neutral and sometimes it does so i wasnt sure if it was something i needed to worry about. One final question.... realated to the clutch sensor. sometimes it is really hard to find neutral while the bike is running as soon as it shuts off i can get it in neutral on the first try. Its kind of a bear when im stuck in the mud. so i dont knwo what i can do about that.

pcnismo said:
lol, ok thanx, thats what i have been doing, just sometimes it doesnt need to be in neutral and sometimes it does so i wasnt sure if it was something i needed to worry about. One final question.... realated to the clutch sensor. sometimes it is really hard to find neutral while the bike is running as soon as it shuts off i can get it in neutral on the first try. Its kind of a bear when im stuck in the mud. so i dont knwo what i can do about that.

worn clutch basket. you can take it apart and try to evenly file the grooves off or else buy a new one

The clutch is dragging, which makes it difficult to find neutral, get it out of reverse, etc. because there will always be some pressure on the gears when it's running. There's 40 different things that cause the clutch to drag on a warrior, I chased them in circles the whole time I had my warrior and the best I did was make it more bearable. Unless it really bothers you I would just let it alone, it's not going to hurt anything and it can turn into a money pit trying to keep it from happening and then you'll still probably have it drag in certain conditions. Riding in mud is going to make it even worse because you're working the engine hard and barely moving, so the heat has nowhere to go. When the metal components of the clutch heat they expand, just like anything else. When they expand too much they start rubbing against each other and it will drag.

thats cool i can live with it, i cant use reverse either. Everytime i put it into reverse it just kinda jumps then stalls out. im sure that has something to do with what your talking about as well. Thanks for the info.

after time the friction disks in the clutch wear grooves into the outside of the basket where they impact everytime you hit the gas.... the edge of the basket ends up looking like this...
|
]
|
]
|
]

hopefully not that extreme but when the friction disks get stuck in their grooves then the clutch doesnt want to open up and disengage... when you shut it off the disks arent pusking against thier grooves and it will shift in to N or R with ease.... now like i said you can file these grooves off but the more material you remove the further the disks have to "get a run" for impact and the quicker it wears out...

it all makes sense in my head hopefully your catching my drift hahaha, sometimes its hard to explain this stuff

yeah i hold the clutch in when i do it, i definatley need to adjust the clutch because its very hard to pull and it doesnt let out till the very end so im sure i need to adjust it. Yeha i get what your saying about the groves. it all makes sence. i can live with all of it, i ride pretty much everyday so ive been dealing. Thanks for all your guys help.

Clutch is hard to pull on all of them.There is a Raptor 350 clutch mod that makes it easier if it's
something you want to change.

Latest posts

Back