'03 Polaris Predator 500 Project

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

STLYamWar

Reaction score
Just picked this up last weekend for $300. Engine locked up, dudes american bulldog ate the majority of the wiring harness and seat (foam and seat cover completely gone! One badass bulldog). Dudes buddie dogged the bike on its last journey when it locked up. Already pulled the engine and disassembled. Found piston broke at the wrist pin causing pits on cylinder walls. Jug is toast, no room to bore since cylinder wall is nickel plated. Crankshaft is off kilter locked in place from the pin bearing shooting craps. Very little oil in crankcase....hmmm maybe the reason for the engine locking up!!! Dude said day before the temp. light was illuminating. I wonder why!! DUMBASS!! Luckily no damage to the valves. I determined that the piston was on the downstroke when it locked into place. This most likely saved the valves. So....below are some pics. Any good info. anyone can give would be greatly appreciated!

You call that a project? Lol You should see my Ex Bwahahahaha
I'm serious though lmao!

Right now I'm calling it a money pit Ed. Already spent $600 on parts. No wonder guys part 'em out instead of selling whole.

They can be I have one of you need good info check out polaris pro riders really great forum really great info from these guys

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Back