02' 660 RAPTOR- OR 01 BANSHEE?!?!?

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

vile

Reaction score
A 2002 stock 660 raptor with an extra set of mudsharks tires with rims, "low hours" mint. OR 2001 banshee with fmf exhaust, fatty pipe, also mint condition.....both are $2500, what would you guys say? i have not ridin either machines before. but they are both to have low hours and in great shape

do you guys know of any common flaws with either, tranny, starting etc.? are the banshees alot to keep up on? any info with help. the 350 is fun, but just not enough balls for me. I know the Shee is faster, but thats not all im lookin for. Im not a racer, but do plan on riding trails, and some jumping. also, top speeds of these 2 machines just to get an idea

well i'd go w/ the 660, because 4 strokers are usually more reliable and you won't have to rebuild as much, although i heard that there were problems w/ the 660's tranny or something like that, the banshee has a hard powerband cuz its two stroke but might alrdy be ready for a rebuild.

I'd go with the 02 Rappy.
The Banshee is a ton of fun, but it's a quad that is best if SOME ELSE owns it...... The rappy will be more reliable and a lot better trail machine, as it's better on gas, easy to lug in any gear and the amount of available cheap upgrades is great.

The 01 rappy's had the tranny issue. The 02's and up have had issues with the one-way bearing assembly, but that's about it.

K well it all depends on what you ride. Most people that ride dunes or drag would take the banshee other people that ride trails and in the country would take the rappy.

I herd the first year rappy had some problems with the tranny. And idk of anything about the shee

02 if u dont want to be fixin it all the time or the banshee if ur like rich and can fix it and rebuild it all the time

looks like the raptor's winning....Dunes are only in my dreams :-[ those dont exist up in connecticut, we got buildings :-/

If you take good care of the banshee, like you should with any machine, it shouldn't have any major problems. People always seem to lump it in with the blaster for motor reliability and thats just not the case in my experience with banshees. The motors are farely reliable for a 2 stroke. But given your riding area I would say the 660 even though i dont like them much but you will most likely hate the 2 stroke in the woods. and i do kinda agree with warriorcliff77 the banshee usually is best if its someone elses quad, there fun, just not all the time.

Banshee for sure.... Its a solid problem free platform that willl whoop the **** out of just about any machine with bolt ons. Rebuilds are drop dead simple.

Banshee for sure.... Its a solid problem free platform that willl whoop the **** out of just about any machine with bolt ons. Rebuilds are drop dead simple.

yea but thats the thing its not reliable my friend had one and there was always something wrong with it and he maintained it and never beat on it go for the raptor bro its a really awesome wuad imo

Banshees are a pretty reliable machine..... i never have heard of a major problem with them. Its just all in knowing what your doing. 2 strokes are so damn easy compared to a 4 stroke

well i got to see them last night, the raptor really is in mint condition, plastic has one black shoe scuff that will whipe off, otherwise the engine was clean as hell, it shifted through all 5 gears flawlessly, also reverse. he also has a procircut t-4 pipe and a jet kit that was not installed, so he said he'd sell the kit and pipe for $75 ;D ;D

what really suprised me, is the reverse gear. The 2002 mechanism, which is way better and easier than my 06' 350 raptor which has that stupid lever you have to lift and pull back. It has the knob that you turn and shift below 1st, and shift out when your done, so easy. But the best part is, the reverse can go almost just as fast as the 1 gear :eek: :eek:i cant believe how fast it is, I dont know if it was modified or just come this way, but it can easily go 10-15 mph.

I'm leaving for Bonnaroo in tennessee at 5pm tonight, 15 hour drive, back on monday night, hopefully ill pick up the quad next tuesday

I say niether. I just dont like the raptor 660, I rode one several times, and as much of a bad ass it is powerwise, it just felt to uncomfortable, and way to heavy, and I'm not a fan of the banshee either, I would say save the cash and look into a used 450.

Back