01 warrior running issue.

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

c-mill85

Reaction score
Hey guys, I am having an issuse with my 01 warrior. I just got this thing 2 weeks ago and didn't run but of course the guy said it runs great just the starter button was messed up. Well a new starter button, stator kit from rm stator's but still running the factory cdi box (their's was bad out of the box imagine that) and a look into the carb just to see if the bowl was clean and a new tank of gas......... It idles. Will take up to a little past quarter throttle when cold then pops, cracks, spits, and sputters. If you give it more gas it dies. So i played with the adjustments on the carb and took it off and cleaned it (didnt see anything wrong) it still does it. Played with the air/fuel mixture screw and it got better only when its warmed up. Run it down the road after it warmed up it will take full throttle (sometimes it strubbles then goes tho) feels strong on low end falls off some in mid range and kicks back in like a power band on a 2 stroke in higher rpm but still pops and cracks in higher rpm. Just feels like it has alot more potential. This thing is pretty much stock besides the rm stators high performance coil and a gutted stock pipe. Any help will be apprieciated. Thanks alot.

pull the spark plug if it's black it's running too rich
white it's too lean
brown perfect

my guess with the gutted stock pipe it's running lean if the jets are stock main 145 pilot 42.5 then your gonna need to move the needle clip up a notch to lean it out or down a notch to richen it

i had the same problem parking brake spring back of the bike gets stuck time to time if u set it on check that and the wire can cause the bike to run weird

Thanks guys, back into the carb again i go. I'll give this stuff a try on see what happens. Will keep it updated as soon as i get time to make the changes. As far as i know it 's all stock in the carb but illl look at the jets and find out. Is their a better carb to run instead of the factory one?

Just an update i got the second cdi box in the mail this morning from rm stators. Rode the warrior to the mail box and back, put it on and no spark again. Second bad one out of the box? It's starting to piss me off. What do you guys think? Runs with stock cdi and no spark/no run with rm"s cdi, put stock back on and runs again. I dont see a problem on my end, it has to be on their end.

Im running 140 and 45 jets. Good or bad? I'm also missing the accelerator pump spring.

The needle clip was also in the middle notch. Spark plug looked a little lean so im going to move the needle clip down a notch.

FYI: you can use a spring from an ink pen for your accel pump, its actually a little stiffer than stock.

That is what i did. Still boggs out and spits and sputters only with the air box in. I'm only running the lower half and no filter around the yard just for testing. if i take the lower out it runs great and maybe a pop and crack here and there under hard throttle higher rpm. Any ideas?

Back