01' Warrior Issues

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

worm1

Reaction score
I Have 2 issues I just discover today. First, I went to move my quad and it was like it was still in gear. But it wasn't. It would roll however, it was like pushing a freaking truck. any feedback on that...where to start?
My 2nd issues, by far the most concerning is after I finally got it out of the shed to crank. It fired up the first time(Great) Well after letting it idea for awhile. I hit the throttle. It was like sputtering. Ok may it still cold. Tried it again later. The same thing. It's idling fine just when you give it the gas it starts that sputtering / popping crap. It has sat for about a month or so. Where to start?
I appreciate any and all who can coach me thou this.

What do you mean it was like it's in gear but would roll? And the sputtering could be some crap in the carb, open it up and clean out the jets.

It was like the rear brakes were stuck. Could the rear caliber stick? Also, should I take the carb off to clean? or spray some cleaner into it.....
Thanks

You could first spray some cleaner in, if that doesn't work take it apart. Do you have the parking brake system attached? Did you put it in neutral or just left it in gear with the clutch pulled?

yep..still have parking brake. I have all the parts to block off and was planning to do so. You thinking that could possible be the issues here.....I was searching around here at some other threads. And it seems to have some similarity's.

Bingo.....That was it. "parking brake block off"
Thanks again for your help.

Quick question to anyone.
Ever have your valve cover to start leaking?
the one in front of motor, above the exhaust.
Is that just normal wear and maintenance?

Yea mine had that when I bought it, it would only leak when the motor was cold, and it caused a ton of oil smoke because it landed right on the header, pretty annoying. I just bought a new o-ring and everything was fine.

yep..still have parking brake. I have all the parts to block off and was planning to do so. You thinking that could possible be the issues here.....I was searching around here at some other threads. And it seems to have some similarity's.
what is the point of this block off for the parking brake?? because i took mine off with out it..

what is the point of this block off for the parking brake?? because i took mine off with out it..

Basically a sensor on drugs....Its thinking that your parking brake is engaged when its not and want let you open the throttle without it sputtering. Making you start drinking heavy and trouble shooting you carb.
You made the right call to do yours before the sensor starts partying.
In short....(point) You just block off the sensor and take off that useless parking brake.

[quote:roaosvst]what is the point of this block off for the parking brake?? because i took mine off with out it..
Making you start drinking heavy [/quote:roaosvst] already to that point with my quad!!!

I'm not sure that will have anything to do with not having a "spark" or not starting. But, you can start by getting a electrical tester and make sure you getting power to all the components.
Also, if you have a kill switch check that thing too. it definitely sounds like a electrical issue.

Latest posts

Back