01 warrior build

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I looked through the thread and couldn't see what mods you have. IDK 155 might be to big but I guess I'd start by raising the needle clip to lower the needle and do a plug chop.

357 kit no base gasket bcuz stage 1. Stock valves port n polish

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

Then to top it off changed oil this morning and the drain plug and filter looked as if some one had a disco glitter party in my bottom end. Thought about running it for a few min draining oil and sticking a garden hose in the oil fill and blast away any thoughts ;)

I wouldn't use water to flush a case. When I flushed mine, I used diesel fuel. Just fill up your case, then take out the drain plug. Do it a few times and it gets a lot of the metal shavings out. The only thing I'm worried about is the reason for the metal shavings, usually they don't show up in high quantities for no reason. Might want to look in to that. The only reason I flushed mine and didn't crack the case was because I knew the camshaft had sheered off and that's what the metal shavings came from.

White brothers mx4 pipe and open filter right off carb. Tried a 200 jet tonight and way too big lol. So I went back to 145 ripped around a little but it seems to idle fine and what its actually doing is if I hold the throttle at one spot anywhere it spits and sputtered. Under acceleration it seems fine.....possibly timing issue idk anymore

What color is the plug? sounds to me like it's running lean I would try a 150 main or even a 155

Last edited:
Well plug was black so I cleaned it up set the gap and threw it back in and thats when I switched to the 200 jet which was way too big

Also only had about an 1/8 inch of electrode left on it

Get a NGK Iridium IX DR8EIX You don't gap them though the way they come is the way you run em you'll get better throttle response and stronger spark
and then try a 150 or 155 main but put the needle clip on the 3rd notch from the top and see which main works best

And to respond to warrior 1996 the shavings are from my cam pin being sheered of and destroying my valves and rocker arm. Thus the reason for me ro get the hotcam and new valves :(

Well I was using the 155 jet thats where I started at. And the clip was on the third notch from the bottom.. sorry I forgot to mention that. I have put the needle on the second from bottom.

But i can try moving that clip on the needle to the third from the top and get that new plug tomorrow after work and I will let ya know how it runs

Ya thats when I pulled the plug and it was black

K and you do know raising the needle richens it more
so try putting the C clip up on the needle which will put the needle down further therefore leaning the mix out more
so get the Iridium IX plug and then put the needle clip higher on the needle and see if it leans out enough with the 155

Ok good, just make sure when putting everything back together, torque everything to spec. The camshaft will sheer like that when the timing chain sprocket bolt becomes to loose.

The timing sprocket was barely finger tight when I got rhe quad

Well I went everywhere tonight in madison after work looking for some on who had those plugs in stock until I finally gave up and settled on the s3 plugs

Advance auto can order them next day and they usually cost about $7
I always have Advance auto order them for me

Latest posts

Back