01 warrior build

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So I have to figure out a way to rewire the new switch to work with the wiring connector

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

So I have to figure out a way to rewire the new switch to work with the wiring connector

Cut the plug off the new switch, then cut the plug off the old switch leaving plenty of wire on that plug, then splice and solder the old plug onto the new switch.

Make sure you connect the same color wires together when you put the old plug on the new switch wires.

Last edited:
Or use spade connectors and wire crimpers, I just have mine bypassed
Sent from my SCH-S950C using Tapatalk 2

Okay I was just curious if the wires colors would match up

Hmm I had a metal base gasket metal head gaskets but ya rtv should hold btw the head gasket is where you gain compression

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

By not installing the base gasket, you are "lowering" the cylinder. Which means the piston is closer to the top of the bore, thus increasing static compression. It's just a cheap way of not waiting on/spending money for a custom thinner then stock head gasket.

Rtv does work well, but, it's usually best to stick with grey rtv when doing metal on metal sealing. I find it sets up better and stronger then standard black rtv.

That and I would rather have the thicker head gasket just feel more safe

I really like the black and green man. That looks a lot like what I wanted to do on my next build but there are a few of you with that color scheme now. It looks good, very good. That green dash is bad ass. That really caught my eye. That one little piece sets it off. Great job!

Thanks and that was just an after thought all I did was spray the bottom half of the tank. I really don't know how long the paint will last because the green is actually a florescent that glows under black light and it went on really thin. I will have to find a really good clear and or keep some extra touch up lol

And ya after I started the colors I did some searching and noticed there are a few other guys with these similar colors thats why I went with the extra touches lol

I think I might and almost have myself talked into going with matte black and plum crazy purple. Yep I'm a Mopar fan. Purple frame, hubs, carrier, sprocket holder, and maybe the dash. Matte black on everything else, I mean everything else. But I will make the final decision as it comes together. If not purple then maybe orange in place of the purple, or maybe a dark maroon. Hell, who knows, lol.

Actually last year I painted my racing mower gloss black and plum purple which those colors are at walmart and they look good together I say go for it.

huqe8e5u.jpg
ehu3ydag.jpg

Ya I like those but there over my wife and I's budget lol

So I got it all put back together tonight with new headlights and all idled great and seemed to run great until I took it out for a spin ran good till I got to the mid range where it spat and sputtered ran like crap. Im running a 155 main jet not quite sure what to try doing other than pull the carb and use about a half of a case of carb cleaner

Latest posts

Back