Warrior/Raptor 350 Oil cooling

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yes the Hayden however will stick out a little on the bottom and u need to bend 2 or 3 fins to get around the plastic mounting brackets

Can you post pics of it installed, withou the hood of course?

permacool.JPG

I cant find a pic of when I had the Hayden but this is the Permacool and mounts the same way; the hayden extends past the plastic mounting brackets.

Are you sure that Hayden cooler fits under the hood???

I looked under there and there doesn't appear to be much room.

With the stock fenders you have to cut out some of the plastic that connects the 2 fenders together to make room for the cooler.

With the stock fenders you have to cut out some of the plastic that connects the 2 fenders together to make room for the cooler.

What about the Permacool? Does that one require cutting the fenders?

They both do and really its better because you then have "two" fenders instead of the big ass one part so you can just take one side off if needed and not the entire thing.

it's very simple to cut the piece of plastic from the fenders, it just took me a couple of minutes with a utility knife. Aftermarket fenders don't even have the piece connecting in the middle to begin with.

...Aftermarket fenders don't even have the piece connecting in the middle to begin with.

Got ya! I was just thinking (not being too familiar with the quad yet) that it would lose some rigidity.

But if aftermarkets come in 2 pieces, I guess it's not a problem.

No loss at all you wont even notice that its gone. I use a dremel to cut the plastics (mainly a excuse to use the dremel ;D! Do you have any pics or a continued tutorial on applying the liquid metal to the oil galley?

I ended going to autozone and getting Quiksteel. It worked pretty well just clean the area real good. Use some sort of solvent or alcohol. I smashed a ball of it in the top hole and worked it to where it plugged up the galley with a flat tip screwdriver. I let it cure over night, re-ran the tap down and up a few times. Cleaned it out and now everything is ready. I still have to put my fittings on. Run line to the cooler filler up with oil. Then I will be good to go. Gonna finish tommorrow after work if I get the chance. It will be the first timeit has been fired up since sep 04.

I ended going to autozone and getting Quiksteel. It worked pretty well just clean the area real good. Use some sort of solvent or alcohol. I smashed a ball of it in the top hole and worked it to where it plugged up the galley with a flat tip screwdriver. I let it cure over night, re-ran the tap down and up a few times. Cleaned it out and now everything is ready.

so for future ref i guess use the liquid steel before you tap the hole... ?

i have all the parts jus 2 lazy 2 do it could i weld it to the frame i havent gotten out the mig welder in a looonnng time and i jus got a new bottle of oxigen accetaline

weld the cooler to the frame? why would you do that? it's not exactly a load bearing piece, and there may be times when you need to take it back OFF the quad. Zip ties will work just fine without all the destruction that a welder can bring to a thin metal cooler and your frame.

I would think using four zipties would be much more easy then dragging out the welding equipment, setting it up, and welding the cooler to the frame...

Here are a couple pics of the clutch cover method.
I started off by drilling a pilot hole through the backside of the clutch cover. There is an existing hole you drill through. The backside should look the same.
Draw a line on the outside of the cover, from the hole you just drilled to the top of the oil galley using a straight edge.
Drill through the hole you just made using a 5/16 drill bit. Once you go through the outside of the cover stop. The backside should look the same as stock.
The next part is kind of tricky. You have to leave enough room to tighten your fittings.(I used 1 peice fittings. 1/8 NPT with 3/8 hose barb. You can get 2 piece fittings) Drill the second hole a lil over an inch away from the first.
Now that your 2 holes are drilled clean out all the metal shavings. Use air, soapy water or solvent whatever floats your boat. Just get the shaving out.
Using liquid steel block off the space(oil galley) between the 2 holes by forcing it in the top hole. Use a small screwdriver or something. Let it cure for however long it needs to.
Use a 1/8-27 NPT tap. Tap both holes. Use some sort of cutting fluid or oil. Work the tap slowly don't try to do it all at once. Take a few turns and then back it out to clean the shavings. Tap both holes completely through.
Clean them thoroughly you don't need metal shavings in anything.

Install your fittings using some sort of thread sealant. Don't be a dummy and run the fittings all the way down far enough to block of the galley.
When you run your lines don't be a DUMBASS and let them touch the head pipe. You know what will happen.
I used zipties and rubber to mount mine. Mount it however you want.
100_2199.jpg

100_2201.jpg

100_2141.jpg

100_2194.jpg

100_2193.jpg

100_2273.jpg

100_2270.jpg

fc1bd7b2.jpg

I would think using four zipties would be much more easy then dragging out the welding equipment, setting it up, and welding the cooler to the frame...

Not to mention the zipties make it removable for maintenance or repair if need be.

my EX has an oil cooler :)

Yeah and your ******* EX still over heats when modded. When you discover this it will be to late cause you will go to remove your head bolts and... CRACK, broken in the head! Then you will need to buy a heavy duty kit and tap them one size larger if you can salvage it ;D!

my EX has an oil cooler :)

yeah and its like this big :p

00IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII00

Back