Ultimate Swingarm

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Oh ok thanks duner for the learning session, I didn't know all of that. Moly would ne the way to go its what twice as strong as steel so you use 1/4 the thickness but its alot of $ I learned its best to tig weld it though.

How long has it taken you to put this swingarm together? Its definitely a better an cheaper way to go if your capable of doing this.

Oh ok thanks duner for the learning session, I didn't know all of that. Moly would ne the way to go its what twice as strong as steel so you use 1/4 the thickness but its alot of $ I learned its best to tig weld it though.

How long has it taken you to put this swingarm together? Its definitely a better an cheaper way to go if your capable of doing this.

I have roughly 10 hours in it. First I drew a full size version of it, and a 3D drwing to make sure it looked right. The longest part was the notching of the tubing. Every joint meets perfectly with one another, making it that much stronger.

Thats not to bad from the drawing board to the actually piece. True fittment on the tubing is important sometimes a pain I though cut it grind it then file finish. In school we used a mill most of the time which was easy as hell.

Thats not to bad from the drawing board to the actually piece. True fittment on the tubing is important sometimes a pain I though cut it grind it then file finish. In school we used a mill most of the time which was easy as hell.

Yeah i took a fab class at school, this stuff is a cake job for me. I love building this kinda stuff. What school you go to?

Its a favorite of mine I like to feel if I could id weld everything in sight haha. In high school I took a local technical school class then I went to Wyotech an took chassis fab learned a hell of alot there.

http://
SAM_1173.jpg

Gusset for the shock bar. Came out ok, not as straight as i wanted thou.

http://
SAM_1175.jpg

Also made some gussets to tie the bottom tubes with the front pivot tube and top tubes. Gives it more strength and peace of mind for me.

i really like that gusset setup you got! and btw make sure you put the verk away from were the bearing sets i did it on mine no brainer and it makes it as smooth as glass

Looks like a lot of finish grinding to me......Have fun huffin metal dust.

just saying but when it comes to suspension set up 1 lbs of unsprung weight is = to 4 lbs on the seat so its like you lost 18 lbs off the seat

just saying but when it comes to suspension set up 1 lbs of unsprung weight is = to 4 lbs on the seat so its like you lost 18 lbs off the seat

I never thought of that...Hopelfully ill see how it works soon. Everything is stripped down on the quad ready for cleaning and reassebly. Cant wait!!

Back