Ultimate Swingarm

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You get what you pay for. There was a guy that had a 5lb swing arm made of Ti, $2,500...

just a thought but you might wanna gusset the shock link bar just my 2 cent
SAM_1167.jpg

just a thought but you might wanna gusset the shock link bar just my 2 cent
SAM_1167.jpg

I was thinking the same thing today. Ill get on that tomorrow. I put some skid mounts on today but i dont like em so im cutting them off. Duner I need something like your making for mine.

Man if you had some 1" .120 wall aluminum tubing an a tig lol that would light an still strong enough. Great work none the less though.

Why wouldn't it be strong enough? It may take a little thought on the correct placement of gussets an all. Im not saying your wrong just simply asking to learn.

The alum would be strong enough but when you weld alum it makes that point week byalmost double alum is 1/3rd the weight of steel but only half the strength
And i more brital alum wont show cracks like steel will when alum cracks it breaks no warning crack it just breaks and if you weld it back up it gets more brital at that point before thats why most alum swingers are cast not welded plates and the ones that are welded are normally 1/4 inch or .250

Back