Switch to a honda carrier the cheap way

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Okay.... thats it? Warrior/Raptor 350 chain adjustment does suck! I adjusted a chain on a 700R the other day... WOW was it ever easy!

Easier to keep the axle geometery square, because you just turn the carrier one the pinch bolts are loose.

Once they get the measurement I can look at the site and see if they have one that will fit with out modding.

Soooo Im a slacker again... lol. Had to make an emergency run to Summit racing for some parts for the mustang... Ill try and get to it this weekend

Soooo Im a slacker again... lol. Had to make an emergency run to Summit racing for some parts for the mustang... Ill try and get to it this weekend

Good thing I dont have the $$ to do it right away, Id probably be getting a little pissed!!! :argh::haha:

You got to many hobbies!! At the rate your going Deans gonna beat you to it!! Just messin with ya:laughup:

I think I have way more hobbies then he does (all of them are expensive too!) so I think he's alright :) lol.

Good thing I dont have the $$ to do it right away, Id probably be getting a little pissed!!! :argh::haha:

You got to many hobbies!! At the rate your going Deans gonna beat you to it!! Just messin with ya:laughup:

I did look at the rear carrier last night and my bearings are junk! I dont know why, they are less than a year old! :argh: Oh well its part of it.

Every hobby i have is too expensive.... I got sooo much money dumped in my driveline of the mustang, expecially the motor!! I knowyour messin lol

I did look at the rear carrier last night and my bearings are junk! I dont know why, they are less than a year old! :argh: Oh well its part of it.

Every hobby i have is too expensive.... I got sooo much money dumped in my driveline of the mustang, expecially the motor!! I knowyour messin lol

:eek: And you didnt measure it:loco:

:haha:

Yeah....other then cars and ATV's I've got my Audiophile side, computers aren't exactly cheap. Money sucks when you don't have any lol.

Alright 98, i finally had some time to measure this POS! Im still pissed the bearings need replaced. There gonna have to wait till past winter.

I have the yfz carrier that im using and the original lonestar carrier for a warrior and they both measured in at 90.5mm. So that 90mm strap would be perfect. If you look for a yfz carrier just offset the strap to the right a lil bit till the chain lines up before you wled it. Hope this helps, When money becomes avaliable ill be doing this to a stock length swinger.

Sweet now I just need to get the cash together myself. Thanks for taking the time to measure that. Now to see who will have the cash together first to do it.

if ya can do this right and are good at it i think imma have one of ya to build mine to be one of these maybe this winter when i tear into mine

My major hold right now is my $$ has to go to have my trucks tranny rebiult. It will probably end up being a winter project, but we'll see. Now that we have a measurement I can see what its gonna cost me to do it.

Damn.....hahaha, I found a cool trick.

Ive been away for a while. But anyways, I can measure mine, the correct carrier and see what I get, 87's is to wide.

That lonestar carrier will work long as you get the right clamp from that JJ site. Or as someone mentioned, just do it all banshee and rock banshee hubs, and axle.

Whos gunna be the first one to try this mod out?

Benefit is a stronger and evenly tightened hold on the carrier which holds the chain on place better and longer. Warrior throw chains and break cases because there carriers slip out of position to easily and to often.

I never did measure the wide of mine... that was the diameter of the carrier, the wide if the right carrier is 180mm, the yfz carrier is 190mm wide. so the yfz carrier is 3/8" to wide... but since you gotta weld the strap onto the swinger anyway, the yfz carrier can be used, all one has to do is offset the strap to the right so the chain will line up.

Latest posts

Back