Project DEATHSTROKE 95 Warrior

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
sooo confused or

My pod filter straight to the carb just isnt practical for riding where im at right now. Trails are soaked and its way too wet to go without a sealed air box. So i swapped; & im Stumped. Don't understand how my quad runs good on a 150 main jet with no air box; yet with an air box it runs lean. How does that make sense? Wouldn't it run rich with less air flow??? I was expecting the machine to stumble from being rich; but no. Runs soo hot I bet my header would start to glow...I guess I'll try a bigger main jet. It just doesn't make sense to me. I was thinking I'd have to go down a size on the main jet. What am I not understanding??

I just got a brand new K&N like yours. Plus the new zoom zoom carb; 150 main; 45 pilot. I set the fuel mix screw 2 turns out. It actually ran good; great throttle response and all. Just sooo hot Trent. A 10 min ride & my leg felt like it was gonna melt off. What you think; bigger main or something else I should try?

No uni...I just saw another member on here posted they have the A/F mix screw 2.5 turns out. Could that be it? I have mine set at 2. That's what's in the Clymer Manuel

a/f screw is only for idle. Are you running a lid and snorkel on the airbox? These k&n filters are just about see through, they flow a ton of air... more than a uni for sure. I run a prefilter on mine for extra security and more air flow resistance. I'd check your plug (clean yours or get a new one...) and see if it's lean or not.

Yea that's probably the best thing to do (new plug and check)... I have my lid on and all. Its armeggedon in the woods right now...haha... Thanks for your help so far Trent. Your an awesome member on here man

Believe me I know how wet and muddy it is out there. Look at some of my youtube vids haha. Hopefully you get your jetting figured out. I got a problem with my bike too, going to post in my build thread now.

Its gotta be the needle jet setting. I'm at work reading the Clymer and basically the main jet is for full throttle. Full throttle it actually feels like it opens up & runs at its best. So I guess next day I have off, I'll adjust that; buy new spark plugs; and get this Slut running perfect

Grabbed a couple of new spark plugs today to see what they look like after running my machine with the airbox on.

Here's the old plug I had in with my old set up. Looks like I was a bit rich...haha

Here's the new plug after a short ride; along side an unused new plug...

Looks good; no? What you guys think? Or is that Lean?

Yea that's what I thought...thanks guys. Looks like I got Her about right. Hitting the trails in the morning! Can't wait .

Latest posts

Back