my new project

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I was thinking bout a stage 1 hot cam, but im running low on funds. And if i did do that i would want to go ahead and get new valves and springs. Head work will have to be in the future. I only got about 100 left to spend on it. And i figure i better put that back in case it needs a carb rebuild, or a new clutch.

My other Toys. My Durango and my wifes F150
TheDurango.jpg

i got a k&n filter in mine and i wedged it in the back with a pc of wood, it works, but i had same thoughts as you did bout it, mine is identical as yours, get a heat gun and get those stickers off lmao, first thing i did!!!!

i got a k&n filter in mine and i wedged it in the back with a pc of wood, it works, but i had same thoughts as you did bout it, mine is identical as yours, get a heat gun and get those stickers off lmao, first thing i did!!!!
i done a race cut on the front so no more stickers

So i was tearing some the Warrior down today getting it ready for some new parts and i noticed that it doesnt have the the cam chain tensioner, just the mount. hopefully the new cylinder im getting has it. If it doesnt, will it run without it? It appears the previous owner was but not sure about it.

Nope, you need the tensioner. I think I have a spare one I'll sell yah cheap.

Thanks! Now i play the waiting game for my jug, piston, clutch cable, direct shifter, parking brake block, and k&n filter. By the way does anyone have any recommendations on a good jetting kit and sizes? The piston is a JE 10:5:1, and of course the k&n and DG slip on will be the only mods for awhile. Oh and i will be cutting holes in my air box.

45 pilot and a 147.5 main and 150 get both of the main jets and test them both but I'd say 150 would do you fine with holes in the air box. <-- That's a good setup for a pipe and air filter setup I am not sure on what the new piston will do.

I run a 45 pilot and a 147.5 main, With my FMF and UNI air filter. I don't have any holes cut into the air box though.

It's a cool feeling getting parts in the mail isn't it ;)

45 pilot and a 147.5 main and 150 get both of the main jets and test them both but I'd say 150 would do you fine with holes in the air box. <-- That's a good setup for a pipe and air filter setup I am not sure on what the new piston will do.

I run a 45 pilot and a 147.5 main, With my FMF and UNI air filter. I don't have any holes cut into the air box though.

It's a cool feeling getting parts in the mail isn't it ;)

Thanks, and yes its awesome getting parts in the mail haha!:slayer:

Ooooooh purty! Bright glistening things mess with my A.D.D! What were we talkin about again? Oh yes, jetting. I'd get a 152.5 main as well just for safe measure, hit up your local Yammy shop.

Ok cool thanks for the advice.

Got my head and jug pulled today. Looks like i might need a valve job, but i dont know much about it. Might have to bring it to a shop and have it looked at. i will take some pics tomorrow. Only have 100 bucks left to spend on it so i hope it nothing major.

Got the rest of my parts in. Im in love with this YZ250f shifter.
20120224170721.jpg

Back