my new project

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

N3VER

Reaction score
Picking this up Monday. Need a top end rebuild and possibly carb rebuild.
Hope i dont bite off more than i can chew. Im not much of a mechanic but hope to learn alot while working on it.

Attachments

• Warrior.jpg
    Warrior.jpg
    9.9 KB · Views: 74
Pretty bad and small picture, but i will post more when i bring it home.

Thats what im hoping for. I read tons of threads on this site before i decided to go with one that needs so much work. But half the fun of owning it will be fixing it up.

20120214162547.jpg

Looks like a good starting base. I've seen more warriors that color scheme then any other.

Good Luck! Make sure u download the service manual that was posed on here a while back... Its a must for a rebuild(Helps a lot!!):tup:

Its not to bad cosmetically. But the other side has some melted plastic because of a pipe they have rigged on it. i will take some pics its so ugly. Already got some parts coming my way. Oh and i went the expensive route and just ordered a Clymers repair manual. I tried the free pdf put it was annoying trying scroll thru it. Plus im sure the manual is well worth $26.

Isn't there suppose to be something to clamp the air filter to?
20120215143456.jpg

^ Ohhhh, what you plan on doing with that carburator?

And on the stock airbox, the lid keeps the filter in place.

Whats with the coolent/green milk in the airbox?

^ Ohhhh, what you plan on doing with that carburator?

And on the stock airbox, the lid keeps the filter in place.

Whats with the coolent/green milk in the airbox?
I will sale carb. Would u suggest a different airbox? And that is the engine cleaner from the car wash. Didn't know the lid wasn't fastened.

I will sale carb. Would u suggest a different airbox? And that is the engine cleaner from the car wash. Didn't know the lid wasn't fastened.

Yeah i have a k&n drop in filter and a spare lid that has holes in it, id sell ya for it.

So the Clutch lever is broke at the tip, so i kinda wanna get an aftermarket clutch handle and cable. I also want to remove the e brake assembly. Is there anything i need to worry about removing it?

Back