Got it running, now new problem.

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

psychoracing

Reaction score
I have read alot of the threads and such and none are showing a diagram of the harness that I have. I checked the service manual and it doesnt **** the same color codeing and harness as I have. I seen online though there is 4 different harnesses. anyone have an idea of what I can do to check this stator ? I have a feeling its it because I took the coil off and put it on my bruin and it fires up and runs perfect, drove it around for about 10 mins or so. so either stator, or cdi ? I have spark sometimes but not very bright. neutral light is one and motor turns over no problem. any ideas ?? here is a pic of my harness. also when I tested the coil the specs were way off from the manual. but still worked fine on another 4 wheeler.

100_1187.jpg

you should be able to find out on rickystator.com, if not you can try to call rickystator and somebody should be able to help you out.

start checking ground i just had the same problem on my warrior. the ground that caused my issue was the little wire that comes off the main ground at the quick connector.

if the gounds are good and strong, the red and the white are for your pickup coil.the green and the red are for the source coil. the three white wires are charging coil wires. i just went threw test them with mine and you have the same harness i do, so im assuming you have a 97 - 01.

I have the same issue, but I think it's the coil. No spark at all and the coil and plug cap were waaaaay out of spec. I had like twice the resistance on the second check, I'm pretty sure it's wasted... :eek: I would go with replacing that if it was out of spec for you, I had the same weak spark before it died on me.

but what is the correct spec for what combo of colors ? I already ruled out the coil being bad because I stuck it on my bruin and it fired right up and runs like a top ! so just not understanding where to go now. I wasnt sure what the specs were since I had a different harness.

the pickip coil should test 180-220 ohms. the source coil should test between 270-330 ohms. the charging coils should test between .70-.86 ohms. that right out of my manual, hope that helps the colors i posted a earlier in the thread.

You are the man, thank you sir, I will check it out later when I get some time and post the results. I really appreciate it.

well I have nothing on the red/white and have 306 on the green/red. I checked directly in the wire as well to see if the clip connection was bad but still nothing. maybe the wire broke going into the houseing ??? I guess its time to take it apart once again, wonderful....

I pulled the cover off and tested right at the pickup and nothing at all. Im taking it that its done. can I replace just that piece or just do the whole thing ??

you can replace just that piece it is the pickup coil. you can either call some one like ricky stator or go on ebay and search for yamaha warrior pickup coil. i got mine off ebay.

My issue turned out to be the same thing, but I'm just replacing everything anyway. I replaced the coil and still nothing so I tested the stator and the pickup coil had no continuity. The source coil was at the limit so I just replaced it all, the hell with it. The harness you pictured would be on the options list at rickystator as 'D', I have the same harness.
Damn the asshole who designed this thing with phillips screws in it!!! They are pretty damn stubborn on mine... :mad:

Thanks guys, I wonder if one of the local shops around here would have something like that.

I barely got the three screws out the main coils, and the other four just simply don't want to move. Can't say I didn't expect this... The larger phillips are alright, but those other two small ones are a real bitch.

^^^Same here, vice grips did the trick^^^

Well I got the new pick up in, tested it and it works, put it all together and had spark for maybe a few hits and then gone. turned it over and over still no spark, any ideas ??

i would suggest taking the stator back off and make sure the flywheel didnt cut the pickup coil wire or test it agian and make sure its testing if it still reads then you have another issue. id say it still read start checking other things and the wiring.

Yeah I got out the ohm meter and its reading fine, so something else has got it, about to throw in the towel on this thing, have to many other projects going and I know you cant test a CDI so I dunno...

well its narrowed down try the bruin coil on it, also check grounds and all the connectors.i just worry about the coil cause u siad it tested way out of spec, they are only like 20 bucks on ebay new. if the coil and wiring checks out i would say cdi. they dont go out that often but they do go out once in a while. the only way to test a cdi is finding somebody that has the same connectors that you know is good and put it in. i garrenty i probably dont live close enough to ya cause you have the same wiring harness as me. i would hate to see ya give up on her thier tough guads.

also see if you can pop start it.

The thing thats weird to me is that I can take the coil off the Warrior, and put it on the Bruin and it starts right up. no hesitation. the warrior had spark for a few times and then all the sudden done. I hooked the jump start up just to make sure there was enough battery power. if I take a test light and hook it to ground, touch the orange wire on the coil it was pulsing then it stoped completely. if I go to the bruin it pulses and keeps pulsing. I even checked to make sure there was no break in the orange wire all the way back to the cdi. I only knew of one ground and it goes from the battery down to the case. what other part is there to check? it just gets frustrating because I dont want to throw parts at it when its something stupid, but I have checked the comonents and they check good now, before the pickup had 0 on the reading and now the pickup and stator are in perfect range. also I checked the readings before and after the plug. is there only 1 fuse on the bike ? it seems its just the main fuse but I checked it to be sure. I took it as it went from the stator/pickup to the cdi box. I just dont understand how I have good spark one min and the next its gone.

Back