92 build.. (More of a log/history record realy)

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
yeah, cept I went for a quick rip today before loading her up n bringing her home.. had to walk back about 600ft and pick up my chain...

*Sighs*

hopefulyy they have one in stock.. like maybe in bulk, cut to size for this weekend..

I havent changed sprockets or anything since Im still waiting on the roler and guide.. lol

looks like it jsut spit out the link somewhere.. dunno why.. checked it several times since it was half off when I bought her.. lol.. noticed when I went to pull the engine.. lol

meh.

That sux! do you have a case saver? If not you might want to invest in one all it takes is one more time of that chain slipping off and hitting the case out on a ride and your fucked!

no, no case saver...

soon as I realized she tossed the chain, I timmidly looked over and down and sighed in relief.

Im already missing a chunk of the case from the previous owner tossing a chain.

not sure how those go on, but i was contmplating how it could be beefed up with some extra material n a welder. but yeah, a case saver was one thing I am keen on looking into since I cant afford to risk it. yesterday was a close enough call!

as it is, I clled today to see if they had a chain for me, and they have x-ring and o-ring chains, for just under double the price of a standard chain. they'll have more standard chains in stock tommorrow.

Im not sure wich way to go with em. I remember reading somewhere on the forum here that the x-ring n o-ring chains arent worth the extra cost kinda thing.

I was thinkni I may go with the o-ring chain, but I dunno.. gonna have to go do some more reading and purusing the forum, maybe a bit of google search n sort out the fact n answer.. lol

at any rate, at least I know I'll have a chain for this weekend! :)

O-ring chain is the way to go. X-ring if you can afford it. Get a can of chain wax while your at it too. The cost more because they last longer and run smoother.

yeah, thats basicaly the way he describbed it.. and then added in, "..and the x-ring is a nice black and gold colour. Gold on the.. and black around.. "

but he kinda said that part a bit meekly, like he wanted to sell it to me, like it was supposed to be a selling point, but knew even as he started mentioning it, it sounded weak and I likely didnt care. lol

I felt kinda sorry for him at that moment for some reason.. almost decided to buy one right then and there just to hopefuly make the guy feel better.. lol

its only like 15-20$ more for the x-ring vs the o-ring.. gold is kinda pertty.. lmao
and from what i've read its far superior to the others, well, slightly more than o-ring.

Since I just got new sprockets and guides, and roller and just tossed a chain, already have a cracked n repaired case, maybe I will splurge on the chain and be done with it all. lol
just means I have to wait till payday again.. *Sighs*

no real matter, the guide n roller etc wont be in till the day before. one more day for the chain isnt gonna hurt. but that puts me at friday, when I plan to ride out to the campsite... I wonder just how much beer I can pack out there on a warrior... hmmm...

nah.. better let the ole lady take it out with the car.. hehe

well, had some fun this weekend.

Finaly busted out the warrior this weekend. Got the new sprockets, guide and chain on sat morn. (I splurged and went with the x-ring)

Found a problem with the lower roller.. gona have to cut the old bolt hole/little tube thing off and find a replacement to weld on.

She ran great, nice and fast.. fastest machine there.. hehe

once we got into the wooded trails, only my cuzn kept up with me on his lil 250 trailboss. I found out quite quick that a little throttle blip is great for getting around most corners... but can also potentialy send one shooting off the trail as well.. hehe

on my first run out, I discoverd a little issue with my throttle not realy letting off.. lol back to camp... a couple quick tweaks, and off we went again.

a good 4-5hr run was great until the older fellows on thier 4x4s decided we should make our own trail along the river, bowl down some trees and such, dig through some mud and skag etc etc.

I was a bit worried about temps with the slow moving ordeal, and then once we got back to the trails, me n my cuzn just left em in the dust.

the next day proved to be quite misserable.. like 0 degrees (Yes celcius) and raining all day long..

so we bunddled up hardcore, found some rain suits and got ready to go out. we werent about to let the weather shut us down!!!

so I try to start the warrior, and ended up pulling out the choke.

I have yet to figure out how to get the damn thing back in.
In the proccess of trying, I bent the dang choke lever/plunger thingy, and that little hose/tube that goes from the carb to the intake ripped off of the front clamp thingy.. so that was the end of the warriors riding for the weekend.. *Sighs*

my old man let me take his machine out that day, since it was cold and misserable, and he doesnt do cold.. lol

had some good fun and everything all things aside, and today turned out to be quite nice at least allowing everyione to pack up and get home.

but anyways, a couple quick picks that I have at the time being. :)

some small dunes.. the road is great for jumping across as well.. hehe

201005222028.jpg

smoke and beer break along a trail just after getting off the river.. (and I just finished chasing a couple rabbits that only I seen cuz everyone else was.. well... u know.. too slow to be there.. haha)

201005222010.jpg

haha.. my unckle playing in a mud whole on his polaris 800:

201005221831.jpg

Down n out for the rest of the weekend.. there she sits. (The old man brought me some tires and such up that he got from I dunno where. a pair of aluminum rims that should fit up front, and some sand gecko tires mounted on rims that wont fit on my machine. supposed to be all yama rims, and the fronts look right n all.)

201005241152.jpg

anyways.. guess I got a bit of work to do to her yet... almost got all the bugs worked out!!! Sooo close..

Most of us talked and I have till aug 14th weekend, most of em want to come up again and hope for better weather! no kids and family stuff this time.. serious riding only!! lol

Back