1996 Warrior Project

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Making it out of wood tomorrow so I can get a rough idea of progression rate and see if anything binds. Will put the shock on with no spring and run it through the travel.

Just got back inside from trying out the mock up linkage. Everything seems to be lining up great. Here's a lot of pics of the linkage on with the 660 shock without the spring.

Edit: I still have to calculate progression rate...

Full Extension

Full Compression

Linkage View at Full Extension

Linkage View at Full Compression

Airbox to Shock Clearance at Full Extension

Airbox to Shock Clearance at Full Compression

Chain Bind at Full Extension (Almost None)

Exposed Shaft at Full Extension

Also, the mojave spring I plan to try on the 660 shock. This is a direct fit with one spring ring from the mojave shock. The spring is a hair longer than the 660 shock and progressive, but has an overall lighter spring rate I believe.

Last edited:
That's going to come out nice if all works out the finalized metal product should be extremely durable

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That's going to come out nice if all works out the finalized metal product should be extremely durable

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ya thats what i was thinking, i hope it comes out perfect for him, hes doing his testing and putting work in to it.

Calculated a rough progression rate today and am not very happy. I was hoping for a much more linear progression curve, but it seems the linkage has soft and hard spots. This is definitely not what I want, because it would cause unpredictable movements in my opinion. Anyway here's the graph of it. I will definitely be adjusting some things. Like one of my professors says at college, never fall in love with your first design.

And to clarify the graph, the higher the ratio number, the softer the suspension.

This line of best fit (black line) is a much better representation of the progression rate. There's definitely some human error in measuring I think, making it look bad.

Last edited:
Put the stock rear suspension all back on today. Went to start it and the battery was dead. Charged it and she fired right up after sitting for 3+ months.

On a side note, I'm drawing the rear suspension in CAD soon for a final project for college. Should be cool and help with linkage design.

Last edited:
Back