1996 Warrior Project

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Stoppin in to say howdy TRENT!!!! Glad to see your still going strong, Every time I come back your profile keeps getting better lol

I'm in the process of drawing it in CAD for a class project. Basically will be rear part of the frame, swingarm, linkage and shock all drawn in an assembly. I'm done with this college semester in 3 weeks, and after that I'll be working on it again. These few weeks before finals are pretty crazy. Hopefully will be machining the first edition linkage in the spring/summer.

Here's the almost complete frame. It's definitely not exact but for linkage design and the project grade its good enough.

Well done! Nice work Bro.

-WARRIOR 350- to -VELOCIRAPTOR 450::
-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Tusk Handlebar Riser 30mm,ProTaper Handlebar Grips,Powermadd Star Handguards,Outlaw Billet Fuel Cap,Raptor 660 i-MX Rool Design IMS front bumper,Tusk Clutch Cable,Moose Racing EZ3 Shorty Clutch Lever Assembly, Tusk 36" Rear Brake Line,SUZUKI DRZ400 Direct Shifter,Raptor 660 Front Shocks,Raptor 660 Rear Shock,BANSHEE Rear Shock Linkage,Fullflight +3 A-Arms/2.6in Wheel Spacers,Motosport Products Nerfbars,+4 Swingarm/3in REAR Wheel Spacers,D.I.D Timing Chain,D.I.D X Gold-Ring Chain,NO AIR BOX MOD,Cold Air Filter INTAKE,UNI Air Filter,12 Tooth Front Sprocket,Hot Rods Bottom End Crankshaft Kit,YFZ 450 HeadLights,YFZ 450 Muffler,YFZ 450 Radiator Scoop Fenders,Raptor 350 Fenders, Raptor 350 Fuel Tank,Raptor 350 Seat & Seat Cover.

http://www.yfm350.com/forums/newreply.php?do=postreply&t=32090

DGT::JCDigital
Velociraptor450_yfm350_firm_zps7549211c.png

Well done! Nice work Bro.

-WARRIOR 350- to -VELOCIRAPTOR 450::
-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Tusk Handlebar Riser 30mm,ProTaper Handlebar Grips,Powermadd Star Handguards,Outlaw Billet Fuel Cap,Raptor 660 i-MX Rool Design IMS front bumper,Tusk Clutch Cable,Moose Racing EZ3 Shorty Clutch Lever Assembly, Tusk 36" Rear Brake Line,SUZUKI DRZ400 Direct Shifter,Raptor 660 Front Shocks,Raptor 660 Rear Shock,BANSHEE Rear Shock Linkage,Fullflight +3 A-Arms/2.6in Wheel Spacers,Motosport Products Nerfbars,+4 Swingarm/3in REAR Wheel Spacers,D.I.D Timing Chain,D.I.D X Gold-Ring Chain,NO AIR BOX MOD,Cold Air Filter INTAKE,UNI Air Filter,12 Tooth Front Sprocket,Hot Rods Bottom End Crankshaft Kit,YFZ 450 HeadLights,YFZ 450 Muffler,YFZ 450 Radiator Scoop Fenders,Raptor 350 Fenders, Raptor 350 Fuel Tank,Raptor 350 Seat & Seat Cover.

http://www.yfm350.com/forums/newreply.php?do=postreply&t=32090

DGT::JCDigital
Velociraptor450_yfm350_firm_zps7549211c.png
Thanks man

This was done in NX 9.0 it's the only CAD program I know well right now. This is actually a class project for the NX 9.0 class I am in this semester. However, I do also like solidworks, but I don't have much experience with it.

Alright guys, haven't updated in a while. The warrior has been running great, but I have a problem with my battery and need some opinions.

My battery keeps draining after a day of sitting. Two options I'm considering right now. One being a bad battery and two being a fault in the harness that's draining the charge.

Some background on the problem:

It went dead over the winter, but charged it and all was good. Checked my battery and noticed the acid was low. Added some distilled water, battery worked great for several weeks. Then out of nowhere, battery went dead. I bump started the quad, ran all day, no hiccups. Quad started up the next day, it sat turned off for maybe 20 hours. I let the quad sit for 2 days now, battery is dead again. Stator seems to be working properly. So guys, should I look into getting a new battery, or has anyone ever had issues with the harness or other component draining the battery?

Trent it sounds like a bad battery. I personally like the maintenance free AGM batteries. Got mine at autozone for 80$. Also invested in a nice battery tender from there as well
Think it was 60$. Well worth it.

Yeah I'm leaning towards bad battery as well. Sucks the warranty for this battery was 6 months, and it died at 10. No more Tusk batteries for me. For $80, I might try one of the TruGel Batteries, I've read some good things about those batteries.

Yep you got a bad battery. I got a gel battery. They are nice. I also have a Battery Tender Junior. Same as that other one only smaller and cheaper. Paid 30 bux. Worth it. I have leads on both quads and the bike. I just switch to whichever one needs it.

I run it enough in the summer to not need a battery tender, but in the winter I might use one. I think my dad has one. Which brand gel battery did you get Lloyd?

Latest posts

Back