1996 Warrior Project

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ok well I ended up installing it the way you had Tim, the other way the bracket came extremely close to the steering stem, and I wasn't comfortable with that. The entire kit is bolted up, but the top a arms are just sitting at +2 right now because my brake lines need to be longer. But the lower a arms are bolted up loosely at +3. Tierods are also not attached. Here's a before and after picture, and man this thing is a lot wider now.

Before

After

Finished up the DJ Kit today. Just need to do an alignment and bleed the brakes, and we are good to go. Here's a bunch of pics because I couldn't help myself from taking a lot. Again big thanks to Tim for the good deal on the kit.

Haha yeah I wish, probably going to have my dad machine me some shock relocate brackets at work.

After a little research, I might pick up a pair of stock 660 shocks cause they are like $40-$50. You guys think it is worth the upgrade?

I have a pair of white 01 660 fronts they are in good shape they just need the lower eye bushings

yes they ride better than the warrior shocks they are 15.5" center eye to eye

I'll post pics here quick

The warrior shocks are 14.5" right, so these are one inch longer? Also do they bolt right up to the warrior mounts?

yep direct bolt on like I said the only thing these need are the lower eye bushings otherwise they are in really good shape

Alright cool, one more question. Will these shocks put me back at stock ride height or will it keep the bike lowered slightly?

it will be close to stock ride height maybe a hair lower or higher not sure with the Diamond J kit looking at the way it sits now it should put it pretty close to stock height

Okay I may be interested. PM me a price. I will measure it tomorrow to see how it sits with the 15.5" shocks and that will most likely be the determining factor.

With the 660 shocks it will put close to stock height, maybe a little higher. That is if you set the kit on the first settings if you go to the widest setting then it will be lower. I used 08 YFZ shocks and literally looked like a TT quad, way to low for my style, but I was also running 20's

Thanks for the info Tim. I just measured everything up, and on the narrow setting, the ride height will be up by like 1/4" with no weight on it. On the wider setting, the ride height will drop about 3/4" of an inch with no weight on it. Just for another perspective, do you think the ride will be a lot nicer with those shocks Tim?

The 660 shocks showed up today. Thanks again to YAMAHAULER for the great deal. This forum sure has saved my a lot of money so far. Here's a pic of the shocks. I'll install them as soon as I get the bushings.

Yes It will be a lot smoother and better ride with the 660 fronts. Actually the 660;s shocks are a nice upgrade over the OEM 350's. The rear 660 shocks are race inspired and set up great from factory. I sold some 700 raptor pogo fronts i ran on my 350 for awhile before I bought my first set of YFZ's and they rode a lot better than the OEM 350's.

Also those parts you are needing for the 660 shocks are just 3.50 a piece from Partzilla, I just looked them up the other day, Isold my yellow set that needed them.

Thanks for the info Tim, I found them too, shouldn't be a big deal. I'll probably order them tomorrow along with a different oil filter and a yz250f shifter. As far as the 660 shocks go, just by design they appear to ride better due to the longer spring and coil design. Should be a nice setup for the under $100 I'll have in the front end when I'm all done.

Back