What did you do to your quad today?

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Pulled the jug off quad addicts' it GRENADED
broken parts list
both valves
Both rockers
cylinder bore
piston ( skirt decided it didn't like the rest of it's self)
Crank rod bearings and piston skirt locked it up solid
and one valve stud

Ya I think he got it good this time

Dude thats straight ****** shitty

Hah funny thing is he grenaded it last March and is just now getting around to fixing it lol about $460 it will be running good again

I finally did the Raptor clutch conversion. Should have gotten around to it sooner. Works great.

Also recently converted the rear brakes over to a Raptor 350 rotor. Took 3 hours of cutting and machining and fitting the caliper and rotor. It was well worth the time because now I have at least 1" more ground clearance. Now I can run my 20" tires and ride the local trails without getting hung up all the time.

Also recently converted the rear brakes over to a Raptor 350 rotor. Took 3 hours of cutting and machining and fitting the caliper and rotor. It was well worth the time because now I have at least 1" more ground clearance. Now I can run my 20" tires and ride the local trails without getting hung up all the time.
do a wright up on that broskey

I can shoot some pics of the aftermath. It isn't something that can easily be done unless you have access to a mill. I had to put the carrier up in the mill and machine down the ears where the caliper mounts. Then had to re-weld the spacers and drill new holes. It was a cheap conversion as I only have $40 in a new rotor. The easiest way to do it is buy a complete Raptor axle/carrier assembly with the rotor and stuff already there.

couldnt you do it with a grinder?

or raptor carrier and raptor hub?

I suppose you could do it with a grinder. It is a lot of material to come out of there though. Have to be careful about cutting too much. I almost did. Probably could use a cutoff wheel in a grinder to cut the bulk of it out. I cut the spacers carefully so I could reuse them. The Raptor hub is wider and I think the splines are smaller because they switched sides with the nut. I didn't have any Raptor parts to compare and I wasn't going to tear the axle out of my Raptor just to do that.

Also another issue is the ID of the rotor. My first intention was to bore the center of the rotor to fit the Warrior hub. Well doing that would have cut into the bolt holes. Instead I put the Warrior hub in the lathe and cut the flange down so the Raptor rotor would slip over it. The bolt circle on the Warrior hub is bigger so you have to slot the holes in the Raptor rotor .180" straight outwards. I did all the work with a used rotor, but also bought a new one so I would have a spare.

This is where getting an entire Raptor rear setup would be best. That way you can buy off the shelf parts without having to modify if you ruin a rotor. I am not 100% sure, but I believe the Warrior Caliper will bolt right up to the Raptor rear carrier. You have to eliminate the parking brake for sure because the tabs for the cable are at different angles and the Warrior cable mount will hit the carrier. I had already eliminated the parking brake so I just cut the cable mount off. I had done a cheap block off by just threading the original bracket and installing a pipe plug.

i traded my 99 for this 01...dunno what i was thinking guys...this thing needs a battery, a filter, and the old gas flushed out.

DSCN3698.jpg

what the smoke was i ******'?

^ no you didn't.

and if you did, I hope it was your assblaster, not your ELITE WARRIOR!

Finally converted to the direct shifter on both ATV's. Another thing I should have done a long time ago!! I bought a Moose YZ250 for the Raptor, and modified an old shifter for the Warrior. Shifts are so much better and neutral is a lot easier to find.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MidwayUSA
I finally did the Raptor clutch conversion. Should have gotten around to it sooner. Works great.

Couldn't find anything on this. Please enlighten me?

Latest posts

Back