Rear Banshee shock installation

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
There is a nut with a phillips screw on the bottom of the cannister.
But by the looks of the manual ya posted . If you have the high, low speed
adjustment it should be where the knob is?

I'll check it out better in the light tommorrow ( I was in shed with flashlight)
I'll try to tell if there somthing thats suppose to be turned for adjusmtent or
Disassembly...........

WHere ya get info on the stock shock for that adjustment?

jstcriusen,
do you have a pic of your shock? do you think that someone might have just put an ohlins sticker on your rezzie? maybe they have different banshee models, but yours sounds just like mine.

No...but I can provabbly take one . I dunno how much of it ya can see on the quad. I'll take a couple and see.

To me it looks pretty much like all the other shocks I see on e-bay.
Just clean and with a black spring.............

Is there any way to tell ........??

Was the banshee ohlins model suppose to have a high and low speed compression adjustment?
I'll research this more and try to find out for sure......... I didnt notice any part numbers stamped on this thing anywhere..............

i have no idea about the high and low speed compression adjustment. i have seen the front shocks possibly from the same banshee and they looked the same as the other banshee fronts except they had the same black springs as yours. you might want to check with your yamaha dealer. i think the black springs look a lot better than the white. i hope that they did sell you an ohlins and didnt just slap a sticker on there or say it was an ohlins just because it had a different color spring.

Its a possibility..........That would suck! LOL
Well for how this shock looks I , even if it is a stocker.
I may have payeded a tad high at worse. Long as the compression adjustment
Is working correctly..............which I'll stop by my dealer tomoorow to
bounce around a little on a new one hopfully.

It is a nice looking shock..........if it was bolted a brand new banshee sitten in the show room.
You would never think it was used at all. Even the bump stop isnt stained or discolered.
And there isnt a mark on it................

Page 7 of that PDF file I linked states:
Compression damping is set with a knob or screw on top of the external reservior (fig. 13) This can be adjusted in about 25 steps (the 25 clicks you said you read somewhere).
-Some models (PRX and PRXQ) have seperate adjusters for high speed and low speed compression (fig. 14)
Low speed is adjusted in 25 steps.
The high speed adjuster has a wider range within four (4) turns, adjust 1/2 turn (180 degrees) at a time.

So what that leaves us with is, What knob do you have on your shock. Check page 7 of the PDF file I linked, and is it the 2nd one in from the left, or is it the one on the right side, with the 2 zoomed in pics? that will tell you if you have the high/low speed seperate damping (and therefore a Ohlins PRX or PRXQ model shock).
If you have the knob pictured in Fig. 13, the one without the high/low speed, then I'm not sure how to tell if it is in fact an ohlins, since I've seen that style knob on factory shocks on ebay.
~Bill

Ahhhhhh.........the link is dead already.
I have the one with the knob like all the other banshees have.
I actually made it to the dealer today. My shock adjusts fine.
Mine might have even felt a little better than the new one I was playen with.

I did get it out for a good ride today..............its mch easier to tell while driving it that the knob actually does quite a bit.

As for the shocks performance.............I thinks its great. I can hit whoops much better than before...............I can make hills with whoops at the begining of them that I couldnt do before.
Just for the fact I couldnt keep the tires to the ground enough to keep up the speed.

I dunno if the 87 warrior shock was the same for all the other years. I know the newer warriors arnt as assy on whoops and things as mine was. ( and my shock was good and well adjusted) But this shock helped my bike a ton.............

I'm very pleased with it.............

Now if I can get a good set for the front........... : )

i'm not sure if the banshee shock is longer than the warrior shock or not. i had then sitting next to each other when i was swapping them out. i was too stoked to measure the length. my warrior does look like it might sit just a tad higher but i think that because my old shock was so wore out that it was sagging in the ass end. if it does sit any higher, it doesnt look like it is jacked up or anything in the ass end. it looks to me like it sits how it is supposed to. ask some of the guys on ebay to measure their warrior shock and some other guys to measure their banshee shock eye to eye.

Its a tad longer......... it was a 1/4 longer as I recall. It made it sit a hair higher.

My stock rear and the new Banshee rear were the exact same size, fronts were too, the bike rides a lot more plush with the Banshee suspention installed. Remember if your measuring the shocks, shock for shock and yours are worn out then of course the Banshee shock if newer will be bigger. My stock suspention is almost like new, and the Banshee I got the shocks from was 1 year old.

Mine went in easally, like I said when I put them side by side, unless my vision is bad the set I had were the exact same size, if you want I take a picture, of the two?

you can but i know mine had to be compressed to go on, and i checked numerous things to make sure nothing was holding the arms. So actually please do get pics i wanna see haha.

I think maybe he's thinken ya had to compress the back one?
;)

For the back I measured them actually..............
My vision may have been off. It was 101 degrees that day!!!!!!!!! ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Alright DS here ya go side by side Banshee left Warrior right
6f0c47b4.jpg

Look really dam close or the same to me.............
DS your tie rod ends have the coorect angle on them ?
I seen when I first put mine on the 87 ,it wassnt angled right and it hung up one side a little.

Just somthin to check out.........

Latest posts

Back