quad racer r450

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So you have to spend a couple hundred on an axle, I bent the axle on my KFX-700 just a few months back and guess what, i bought another one and i aint bitchin, PAY to PLAY is the name of the game. And as for welding a frame, gussets are 75 cents a piece and any kid over the age of 14 that cant run a MIG welder needs help. I was welding at age 8 with an old miller ARC welder. Its not hard. Ive gusseted many atv frames and ive cut a lot of things out of frames to save weight. Those problems are NOT major. MAJOR is not a term in ATVing...you win some you lose some....you break things and you make things better.

-hoover

Im saying if people like to get things professionally done, who knows what labor would be for an ATV frame considering how much damage was done. BTW major is definatly a term in ATVing....i call anything over $100 worth of repair major cause im only 17 and dont make a **** load of $$.

And as for welding a frame, gussets are 75 cents a piece and any kid over the age of 14 that cant run a MIG welder needs help. I was welding at age 8 with an old miller ARC welder. Its not hard.
-hoover

I have pretty well stayed out of this argument for the last few days but I suppose now I have to enter. You’re saying I need help because I am over 14 and can't weld? Well SOME of us don't have daddy there to teach us everything. That statement is just plain stupid. You know about welding and all that but suppose I quiz you on HTML, or JAVA SCRIPT, or any of the many network topologies. Define FTP, this one should be simple in my eyes, however not everyone can answer these questions. I don't think they need help because they don't know these things.

You can argue the facts of the DAMN Suzuki all day long. What your guy told you VS someone else’s guy has told them. This is fine. Although in my own personal opinion I could give 2 shits about this quad. Its not that I am brand loyal, I do love Yamaha this is my first quad and I have had ZERO problems out of it. I could have gotten any ******* quad I wanted, I paid for it. I just didn't like the feel of any of the other quads its size.

I agree you have to pay to play. That is what this sport is all about if you want to go faster and you want better handling and all the other goodies that add up to thousands of dollars. It doesn't matter how much the quad is, people will buy it. It may sell thousands it may sell hundreds, who knows. It doesn't matter if this quad is 10,000 grand someone will buy it. EFI or not. The raptor has been out for quite sometime now and I haven't heard or read about any problems with the EFI yet. I'm not saying there hasn't been problems. But I wouldn't buy the first year quad for anything. The warrior has been around for decades, another reason I bought it.

I guess I can stop rambling now. But the welding statement pissed me off to say it nicely. ;D

Anyone have some money to spare I just spent my last .02

So you have to spend a couple hundred on an axle, I bent the axle on my KFX-700 just a few months back and guess what, i bought another one and i aint bitchin, PAY to PLAY is the name of the game. And as for welding a frame, gussets are 75 cents a piece and any kid over the age of 14 that cant run a MIG welder needs help. I was welding at age 8 with an old miller ARC welder. Its not hard. Ive gusseted many atv frames and ive cut a lot of things out of frames to save weight. Those problems are NOT major. MAJOR is not a term in ATVing...you win some you lose some....you break things and you make things better.

-hoover

If you spend that much money on a quad you shouldn’t have to gusset the ******* frame and buy a new axle bro lololol that is a MANUFACTURERS DEFECT! - A poor design...

it will be a good bike but better than the yfz hahah. its to new and the FI i thought was still a rumor...

[/quote]If you spend that much money on a quad you shouldn’t have to gusset the ******* frame and buy a new axle bro lololol that is a MANUFACTURERS DEFECT! - A poor design...[/quote]
unless your jumping it then the manufacturers will tell you that they aernt ment to be jumped

SO my KFX700's axle is a manuf. defect.? hmmm...... grow some balls guys it costs money in this sport.

Sorry i spend more time working and riding than jacking off to some HTML JAVA pussy bullshit!

SO my KFX700's axle is a manuf. defect.? hmmm...... grow some balls guys it costs money in this sport.

Sorry i spend more time working and riding than jacking off to some HTML JAVA pussy bullshit!

dude calm down...you gotta grow some balls, cause arguing over the internet is for little bitches.

buncha yankees is all it is...now it all makes sense

The only thing I jackoff to is.....well come to think of it I don't have to jackoff your sister does it for me. And man does it feel so good to shoot a load in her face :eek:

hoover, go north dude. Ya giving dixie a bad name! Only a moron would be getting pissed defending a quad that they have never even rode!

By the sound of it, you have had everthing handed to you. Those of us who do work to pay our way, consider a broke axle or frame a very big deal. If it breaks in one place it will probably break in another later. You wanna be making a good jump or hitting a corner hard when that happens? Why buy something with a reputation for breaking to begin with? In case you don't know, that is a sign of cheap materials and/or quality. I work way too hard to buy something that won't stand up. I'm sure ya daddy didn't get his money by being that gullible.

Where do you work bro? When an 800$ or 300$ component on the bike breaks and you just spent 6-7K id be pretty pissed... stock axles I can see bending/breaking from jumps I will even give you that but not the frame. There is no reason to have to gusset a frame after you just spent 6-7K... Up here I don’t do **** half ass though; if I had a frame that cracked or broke on a new bike that I spent that kind of money on I wouldn’t gusset/weld it back together and bend over and take it like a slut bro and give zuki the other cheek to smack next time. You’re defending a bike tooth and nail that you have never road and making up BS to cover up design flaws in the zuki frame that are and have been failing. Id question the reliability of that machine as well due to the amount of them we get in our shop here. No one has been doing anything in this post besides stating their opinion based on legitimate resources. You are here telling us its going to be this, this, and this, and the frame is going to be like this, yadda yadda yadda and you have never road the damn thing... I am not discrediting the bike at all for what zuki could have potentially done but I won’t defend it either because the ******* thing is not even out, I have never ridden one, I don’t know what the mechanical/bug outcome is going to be. As far as being a java programmer goes they make far more an hour then you will probably ever make bro - they make a looot of money. You keep waving that flag and screaming Yankee all you want because talking **** on the internet is like winning a race at the Special Olympics; even if you “win” you’re still ******* retarded.

By the sound of it, you have had everthing handed to you.

NOPE, I just bring home big bank

I am a sales representative for PPG Paint (Platinum Distribuitor) and CarQuest Auto Parts

Oh and by the way im just carrying on because SOME not ALL people are so ****** brand loyal they would sell their soul before losing their precious yama hammer. YEa I think its funny...and yea the facts on the 450 ARE right. Im going to see it sunday at the dealer show.
Ill get pics with my camera phone and post.

-hoover

...and yea the facts on the 450 ARE right. Im going to see it sunday at the dealer show.

-hoover

As I said before you are going by hearsay. Don't believe everything you hear Dude. If a fool and his money are soon parted, it's probably from gusseting frames on a new quad because some dealer said it is a good machine and the company pays a ton of money to buy the endorsement of a big name rider.

This has gone way to far............. But one thing i want to mention is What exactly makes EFI so much better than carburation on an atv. Fuel injection would be nice when the quad is in stock form because it would jet itself to weather conditions, but when you go to do mods, it would get a shitload more expensive than a couple jets, or a couple turns of the screwdriver. You would have to replace injectors, change mapping. Also 51 rear wheel horsepower STOCK=impossible, maybe at the crank but a stockquad without motor mods is never going to see 51 RWHP at least not without paying 9 grand like ive said before. If its 51 at the crank i know that the YFZ is pumping something close to that, you cant get much more from a 450 4 stroke. You can only get so much horsepower before you take away realaibility and at 51 stock expect to be rebuilding it.

Back