quad racer r450

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I didnt say it had Roll Design suspension on it...the suspension is MODELED after roll design. The shocks are going to be fully adjustable, you need to read the post before you bash what i say. THe bike will have EFI and you can bet it will be fast. I have inside connections on Suzuki. My info guy had tested atv's for Suzuki, HE KNOWS. Expect this quad to STOMP the YFZ

I didnt say it had Roll Design suspension on it...the suspension is MODELED after roll design. The shocks are going to be fully adjustable, you need to read the post before you bash what i say. THe bike will have EFI and you can bet it will be fast. I have inside connections on Suzuki. My info guy had tested atv's for Suzuki, HE KNOWS. Expect this quad to STOMP the YFZ

Stomp the YFZ? Ill believe stomping the YFZ when i see it. How much more horsepower can the possibly pump out on that motor without decreasing realiability to a point when it needs rebuilt more than a 2 stroke? The yfz itself is reccomended to be re-ringed at 20 hours, or at least thats what ive heard, and thats pretty bad if its true. If the suzuki uses the motor out of the bike, then the yfz will have no problems keeping up if not beating it, since suzuki and honda are both still using 4 valve designs, but then at least i can say that suzuki at least uses DOHC, in stead of honda's UNICAM bull crap. Whats the diffrence between SOHC and Unicam i dont know but it never seemed to be much different to me. Even if the suzuki is faster, do you honestly expect yamaha and honda to just sit back and loose all the time, gaurenteed next year they will make more revisions to the yfz and honda just like this year, i say that all the machines will be equally competitive on the race track with no major advantages to any of them. Now out of box the suki might be a little faster just because they have had 3 or 4 years to prepare.

As always yamaha has the leading technology just like the dirt bikes, yamaha was the first to introduce the fourstroke into motocross and they claim the first four stroke victory. They made the most advanced ATV chassis and motor to date. Basically in my book yamaha started the fourstroke revolution but the funny part is they tried to slow it down with the 05 mx bikes by Delaying the production of aluminum framed 4 strokers, and only putting the aluminum frame on the 2 strokes. And yes yamaha was scheduled to make their 05 four strokes aluminum they just delayed to only rev up the sales on 2 strokes. But thats sorda erelavant to the subject.

BS connections.....idk but if nothing elts it looks like shard lmao

Well when i get this quad, ill race you guys with it anyyyday. Ill have it first week its out hopefully.Its supposed to be pumping 51 horses stock. You guys are bashing it and its not even out yet, you'll are just tooo damn brand loyal lol. And the picture isnt fake its real, it came right off of the zuks site. Take the heelgaurds off and take the detachable light off and shave the fronts and it will look BADASS. Your complaing over little things that can be fixed.

Photoshopped pic of the heelgaurds and light off, now tell me that doesnt look badass.

post-735-1127791869.jpg

post-354-1127793487.jpg

i think it looks pretty good the way u photoshoped it... looks like it has huge back suspention travel

Well when i get this quad, ill race you guys with it anyyyday. Ill have it first week its out hopefully.Its supposed to be pumping 51 horses stock. You guys are bashing it and its not even out yet, you'll are just tooo damn brand loyal lol. And the picture isnt fake its real, it came right off of the zuks site. Take the heelgaurds off and take the detachable light off and shave the fronts and it will look BADASS. Your complaing over little things that can be fixed.

lol yea have fun with the factory defects and all that BS by owning the first year of a new bike. I doubt very highy based that its stock at 51HP. I am not brand loyal or anything bro I own multiple brands (Honda, Yami, Kawi) and I also get to work on ALL brands too at our shop. That quad looks very douchey and there is no way its stock suspension is better then anything aftermarket - its all still cookie cutter. For shits an giggles lets say stock to stock it is faster - Yamaha had such a large head start over zuki with the 450s (3 years) it would be foolish to think they didnt have something better coming out around the corner even better or that they are getting blind sided by zuki...

The Suzuki DRZ-450 dirtbike is a fast machine guys, this is the same motor plus a little. Ive seen Suzuki come out with some real **** (THe Z-400 is a joke to me)...this bike changes the rules, with EFI, and like i said, not ROLL DESIGN, but a suspension that is actually race ready. Yes, you can bet Doug Gust will race this bike with stock suspension. Maybe not the whole time he is on the 450 but he WILL race it with stock suspension. He is factory backed by Suzuki, he designed the suspension to be race ready, he will stand behind that. The YFZ claims race ready suspension, and yes it is good but not even close to what this new Suzuki is SUPPOSED to have. The new first gen. YFZ's do have a short rebuild time do to the close toleration piston ring to cylinder wall clearances and the piston is a pancake design which in time when the rings wear and the cylinder wall wears, the piston will actually cock itself sideways and cause major damage. And the suzuki, pending design will probably have a shitty rebuild time I will say that.

My information like i said comes from the owner of a dealership here in NE texas. He has attended numerous invitationals with suzuki test rides. This guy has the inside scoop. It has been known (read "Quad" magazine, its in there) that Doug Gust designed the suspension, it is known that this bike will have EFI, it is known that the bike will be fast based on the kick ass DRZ-450 which stock, is an extremely fast bike. Besides a cheesecake axle on the Z-400 and the so called frame breakage problems what problems have you seen out of the Z-400? NO LIGITIMATE PROBLEMS. so what you slap an axle and fix the frame IF it even or ever breaks. And all you guys that are saying that this bike looks like crap are a bunch of brand loyal bitches that cant get over the fact that you ride a yamaha. WOW you have a warrior or raptor 350. Biiiigggg whoop buddy, you dont have much room to talk, YES the warrior is a nice bike, im on my 2nd warrior now, but you have to admit the warrior is not the greatest or even close. When and if you get old enough to get a real job and acutally be able to go to the bank and take out a loan to buy something instead of mommy and daddy buying you a bike, THINK before you speak. My Warrior is a side project for my GIRLFRIEND to have something to ride instead of riding my old 90' SUZUKI LT250F 2wd. I rode a warrior for 2 years and i loved it but NO it doesnt not and will never have the power of my Banshee, 250r, DS, or my V-Force has or had. No the new 450 may not be a reliable bike for what little riding you do. That my friends is why you ride a warrior, it is proven to be a reliable TRAIL bike not a MX machine. If you think it is ugly DONT buy one. IF you think it will be slow, be fooled, and if you think you can beat it with whatever you ride, try it. But dont bash something that isnt out yet, and dont boast on points of the bike you dont know for certain. I know what i know and until i know anything else im not going to make some bullshit up about the bike having some unknown feature. For all we know the 450 may have independent rear suspension like the new polaris outlaw that doug gust thinks would be sweet. WHO KNOWS, all i know is that the suspension is modled after Roll's suspension, it has superior shocks, and it is EFI. Before you know it you can expect EFI on all running vehicles due to emission control. And even if you think it is slow how did Doug Gust top the pro level class on a Z-400? Think about that while i step off this Quad Racer Z450 crate.

-HOOVER

Lol listen man no one here is spendng the time to write a page about what he thinks about the bike. I would never buy a first year bike when they just come out because its they are prone to that type of initial failure and problems. This is how the market goes though - one company will release something better and then the others compete. zuki releases this bike now but 3 YEARS AFTER honda and yamaha come out with wicked 450s. If anyone thinks Honda or Yamaha will take a beating and give up if this machine is THAT GOOD id love to see what they are coming out with to compete with it (they have already had 3 years so they have something up their sleeves)... Doug gust rides a Z400 and he wins because:

A: He is paid an ass load to stay BRAND LOYAL & ride zuki.
B: He is a good talented rider.

A good rider on a slower bike will always win over a less advanced rider on a faster one... You put him on a YFZ or a 450R and I bet he will do as good or better as he does on that ******* Z400 lol.

The suspension no matter how good stock will still be COOKIE CUTTER and will still not be up to par with aftermarket. I wouldnt give a **** if the stock suspension was a POS (maybe it would be better to cut initial cost of the bike) because I end up buying aftermarket anyway... haha and ******* **** bro if I designed my own suspension and had it modeled after ME (Doug Gust) i think id race on that stock suspension too... lol

The Z400 was a complete abortion release and a waste of time (more like designed to compete with the 400EX 7 years later lol). Also lately the Z400 have been pretty much the top bikes in our shop right now for repair. I can think of three or four Z400s we have right now in for MAJOR repairs - everything from electrical to fucked valve seats and top ends (I have to push the ******* things in and out of storage every day and onto the lift probably why i dislike them lol)...

Bottom line zuki comes out with this now and in 3 years (yami or honda wont take a beating by zuki if its that good) something even more wicked will be released.

And the cycle goes on...

Ok I am done brother here is my page ;D.

Damn straight we are brand loyal..cause we all know first hand the Yamaha is the best...you should know too. And i think it will be a VERY close match between all 3 450's...YFZ, 450R, and that suzuki whatever you call it.

how can you say an axle and a broken frame arnt ligit problems....a ****** broken frame and a broken/bent axle to me is a BIG thing...i wouldnt want to spend 200-250 on a new axle, and how ever much $$ it takes to get a gussett kit for the frame and find a good welder to weld up the frame...i mean Z's are awsome quads to me, but if my frame and axle broke id be pissed. Suzuki has issues with broken frames...i know first hand(actualy kinda second hand..lol)...w/e

Latest posts

Back