Zerk Install

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Houdini

Reaction score
I recently picked up an '03 Warrior in pretty decent shape. The axle bearings seem good, no noticeable wiggle, but I want to install a zerk fitting in the carrier. Is it possible to put the fitting in with the carrier intact? Just hate to take it all apart when its still good. I know about the seals on the bearings, but do believe the grease can find its way in. Obviously the number one concern would be metal shavings, but thought I would get some feedback from the experts! Thanks in advance for any light you all may shed on the subject.

I did mine while it was assembled, but when I was just about to break through I put grease on the end of the drill bit and around it to stop the shavings from falling in. They actually stuck to the bit. It is better to tear it apart though.

Thanks for the reply. I've come across a few other things that lead me to believe that preventative maintenance was not the previous owners number one concern. I'm going to go ahead and pull the axle and start fresh with a new bearing kit. Rather know for sure what im working with!

Latest posts

Back